Version 5 bugs and issues

Bobnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Unable to Rearrange Camera Windows by Drag n Drop

Currently on 5.0.0.46 x64
V5 was a new install - not updating of original setup. Settings are mostly default.

Trying to drag n drop within the main window UI, at the console directly. Selecting a camera to re position results with that window opening and not dragging.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on .46 and I can rearrange windows. You are doing this in the BI program and not UI3 correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unable to Rearrange Camera Windows by Drag n Drop

Currently on 5.0.0.46 x64
V5 was a new install - not updating of original setup. Settings are mostly default.

Trying to drag n drop within the main window UI, at the console directly. Selecting a camera to re position results with that window opening and not dragging.
ensure drag lock is not enabled. Right click on the window.

Bobnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Drag lock is not enabled. I am at the console not UI3 nor remote. Unable to rearrange on the 'All Cameras' (10 cams) nor my group views of 4 cams. Win 10 mouse settings are standard.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested, the drag lock item in the context menu is bugged and not showing a checkmark when it is enabled. Try toggling it and see what happens. Edit: The display is only bugged when you right-click on a camera. If you right-click in a blank space between cameras it appears correctly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested, the drag lock item in the context menu is bugged and not showing a checkmark when it is enabled. Try toggling it and see what happens.
Its working for me in .46

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
On my system it shows correctly if I right click a blank space between cameras, but the checkbox won't show up if I right click a camera. This is what I just told Ken in a bug report.

Bobnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried toggling in the black space but will still not drag. Perhaps the drag functionality carried across in upgraded systems but is not there in fresh installs. Will check again with future updates. Thanks for the help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On my system it shows correctly if I right click a blank space between cameras, but the checkbox won't show up if I right click a camera. This is what I just told Ken in a bug report.
I have confirmed same. I was clicking in the blank space.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried toggling in the black space but will still not drag. Perhaps the drag functionality carried across in upgraded systems but is not there in fresh installs. Will check again with future updates. Thanks for the help.
This is probably obvious, but just to rule this out, have you tried dragging other things like the Blue Iris window to make sure your mouse is working reliably?

Touchscreens can't drag cameras last I checked (which, granted, was in BI4) unless you use the touchpad emulator which is built in to windows 10.

Bobnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Should 'Test run video through motion detector' be grayed out in the time line view?
Currently on 5.0.0.46 x64 V5 was a new install - not updating of original setup. Settings are mostly default.

I am trying to find out why some motion will not trigger as expected. Test:

I have Motion Sensor turned off. I walk through the scene. Sunny day and I have contrasting clothing. Blue Iris has triggered as expected.
I return to settings and now enable Motion Sensor. I set object size to 100 and contrast to 12. Cancel Shadows and High Definition are enabled. Highlight and Rectangles is selected. Video 'Limit decoding unless required' is not enabled.

I walk through the scene again and it again triggers.
I have enabled 'Test run video through motion detector' and play back in the time line the 2 triggers. In both cases there are no highlights nor rectangles. Right clicking on the clip shows that the 'Test run video through motion detector' is enabled but it is greyed out.

I am unable to see if motion or contrast is the trigger.

Should 'Test run video through motion detector' be grayed out in the time line view?

kramttocs

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not seeing Continuous recording working. My profile 7 is panic mode that has recording set to Continuous. In v4, all the camera borders indicate they are recording but in 5 they don't, nor do I end up with any recording.

I also had my profiles at first but they then disappeared (became synced with 1, 2 became Work Hours).

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Version 5.0.0.46 x64

Running fine with profiles and zones. Only problems that i found for now, are:

1. Dahua new (PTZ profile) not working anymore on latest update. Previous update worked fine. (Had to change it back to the Amcrest/Dahua profile)
  2. Under camera settings -> trigger -> Motion sensor (configure) -> Object detection (edit) -> Object size exceeds , it does not remember when i remove the check mark or change the value. It stays on, and goes back to 67.0 when i re-open camera settings.

For the rest it is running fine :)

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Version 5.0.0.47 x64 Issues

1. Considerably higher CPU usage (~35 with no hardware acceleration; ~25 with Intel hardware acceleration) Changing under camera>settings and restarting does not reliably change each individual camera's setting as it should
2. Test run video through motion detector disappears when pausing video.
3. Override global schedule for this camera does not function properly. It does not actually override the global schedule.
4. Copies of cameras no longer appear in the web view.
5. Still cannot open help from the icon or help buttons.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Last edited:

Apollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Version 5.0.0.48 x64 Issues
1. Motion sensor zones inexplicable get wiped out and replaced with one completely filled zone.
2. Motion sensor min. duration set at 3.0 seconds triggered when actual duration is about 1 second.
3. Still cannot open help from the icon or help buttons.

Last edited:

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it's just you/something with your setup/install that you need to fix or do a reinstall.
Help file works for me from the ? mark.
My motion zones are intact.

Bobnz

n3wb
Reaction score
I also encountered my newly created zones 'disappearing' . I have now given up on troubleshooting and will get back into it once the program has matured.

DICKNLA

n3wb
Reaction score
i have may camera saving to various drives, one on the video box and 7 additional drives off the box. once i installed version 5, under the cameras record, i have it set to video record continuous. I had a specific drive letter and sub-directory to record. biv5 storage 1 is the way is was converted to. biv5 storage 2 seems to work but biv5 storage 3 isn't storing them on the j: drive. i can not fin where it is storing them.

I have man other camera which have the fist picture (storage 1) they seem to be storing them to the old places but i don't see where they are getting there directions. I had 2 cameras (out of 21) with a write error, that is why i found the issue to begin with. I am now afraid to make any more changes as the changes on storage 3 picture isn't working and storage 2 is, they look the same to me

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have may camera saving to various drives, one on the video box and 7 additional drives off the box. once i installed version 5, under the cameras record, i have it set to video record continuous. I had a specific drive letter and sub-directory to record. biv5 storage 1 is the way is was converted to. biv5 storage 2 seems to work but biv5 storage 3 isn't storing them on the j: drive. i can not fin where it is storing them.

I have man other camera which have the fist picture (storage 1) they seem to be storing them to the old places but i don't see where they are getting there directions. I had 2 cameras (out of 21) with a write error, that is why i found the issue to begin with. I am now afraid to make any more changes as the changes on storage 3 picture isn't working and storage 2 is, they look the same to me
dont manually enter the drive letter before the file format. delete j:\bi