(Very) close focus camera's!

SRock

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to discover a camera which is cable of very close focus. The requirements are very specific! as it's for a large bird nest box. I understand that I would need something between a close focus distance of .2m - .9m, POE, Mic, SD Card. I have found another thread on this forum, from 2019 recommending a Dahua camera which is fab - but otherwise, there seems very limited information online for such uses. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place!

I have now searched through many websites and product catalogues but it seems it might be one of those things where product experience really counts to find my answer.

Is anyone aware of an IP camera that might do the job? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Have look at this thread. Getting really close focus takes to tinkering with the lens in the camera.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

SRock

n3wb
Reaction score
ab, thanks so much! @sebastiantombs and @looney2ns . That is really helpful and good news. I had not managed to find either of those threads on here, so appreciate you pointing them out. I had also not appreciated the lense could be altered. It did make me wonder if it is set at the min/max obtainable though. Good be a good trick buying a second hand cam to experiment with!

jfseeker69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to discover a camera which is cable of very close focus. The requirements are very specific! as it's for a large bird nest box. I understand that I would need something between a close focus distance of .2m - .9m, POE, Mic, SD Card. I have found another thread on this forum, from 2019 recommending a Dahua camera which is fab - but otherwise, there seems very limited information online for such uses. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place!

I have now searched through many websites and product catalogues but it seems it might be one of those things where product experience really counts to find my answer.

Is anyone aware of an IP camera that might do the job? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Hello Sir

I am interested in the same project you are and came on the same dead ends you have so, I would like to know if you found a suitable camera ?

TRLcam

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have been down this path a few times and have always just taken the camera apart and manually focused the lens to the distance I need.