Video Lag/Stuttering in Blue Iris (new user)

IPCJIM

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm playing around with a IPC-T2431T-AS that I bought to mess around with and learn. I have the camera set up in blue iris demo version (sub stream and all) my CPU and RAM usage are both very low. I am getting stuttering and lagging video, When I connect to the camera directly and view the stream there is no lag or stuttering. Can anyone help me trouble shoot this and try to get it running smoothly? Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be sure you have excluded all BI folders from Windows Defender. And from any other Antivirus you may have.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is your frame rate and your Iframe value. Do not run more than 15 FPS and iframe of 15

The BI demo version has limited capability, and may the cause of the problem.
Also BI is best run without other software on the PC.
Do not run the camera data through the router.

Last edited:

IPCJIM

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow! I feel like a dumb butt! I was accessing via windows remote desktop, I hooked a monitor up to the BI machine and all is well. Is these a good way to access the BI machine remotely without video lag and stuttering?

Reaction score
There is an interface called UI3. Search for it on this forum.

I use UI3 all day long. However, I use RDP without any issues also.

What machine is your BI server. Give info on processor, disk drives, memory, GPU, etc. How is you cam connected to the BI machine? Is a router involved?

IPCJIM

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an interface called UI3. Search for it on this forum.

I use UI3 all day long. However, I use RDP without any issues also.

What machine is your BI server. Give info on processor, disk drives, memory, GPU, etc. How is you cam connected to the BI machine? Is a router involved?
The Machine is an old gaming computer that I plan to upgrade in the future but figured it would be good enough for a few cameras... Maybe I was wrong...
i7 920 2.67 GHz - 12 GB ram
Main drive is an old 500GB drive I had kicking around (
Storage Drive is a WD Purple 3TB
GPU Radeon HD5800

Now the camera and BI machine are connected to the switch then the switch to the router.

Before I had the BI machine connected directly to the router, I changed it after comments here...

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow! I feel like a dumb butt! I was accessing via windows remote desktop, I hooked a monitor up to the BI machine and all is well. Is these a good way to access the BI machine remotely without video lag and stuttering?
I use teamviewer to access my BI cpu. Whatever you do, make sure you are keeping your network safe by using a VPN. Lots of threads here on how to do it.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The i7 920 is a 12 year old CPU. It does not support hardware acceleration. That is not going to cut it for a good BI setup. It may be ok for a short term test.