Video Of Blower Being Stolen From My Gardeners Truck

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I came across this tonight and it made me think of this thread :)

A couple of physicians, (they are both gynecologists in Florida) suffering from 4th degree TDS decided to steal a Trump flag from an elderly neighbor's flagpole with their young kids present. Unfortunately, it was all caught on video (Ring Doorbell Cam) so it kind of fits nicely into this thread. Kind of shows how law enforcement actually works once you get out of those Democratic Controlled areas where they believe in Law and Order.

Here is what they were arrested for:
  • contributing to the delinquency of a minor
  • trespassing
  • larceny – petit theft
  • criminal mischief – property damage of more than $200 but less than $1,000
Here is an article with the Ring video:
I don't think you'd get a conviction in the UK with that video. Over here they'd just say it wasn't them. Without crystal clear video the police probably would drop the case unless there was other rock solid evidence. The crux here in the UK might be if the children admitted it, although being so young, whether it would be regarded as reliable I don't know. Evidence in the UK has to be 100% solid which can be a real pain in the backside sometimes.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I don't think you'd get a conviction in the UK with that video. Over here they'd just say it wasn't them. Without crystal clear video the police probably would drop the case unless there was other rock solid evidence. The crux here in the UK might be if the children admitted it, although being so young, whether it would be regarded as reliable I don't know. Evidence in the UK has to be 100% solid which can be a real pain in the backside sometimes.
Ya but you have free healthcare, so that balances it all out - right?

Just kidding. In reality, these two doctors are probably honest enough that when confronted by the police they admitted to it. I doubt if they would want to push the issue which would result in a court trial and further damage their professional reputations. My point was, that once you get away from the Coastal Communities and the other large Democratic Controlled Cities - Philadelphia, Baltimore, etc, that law and order does exist at this level

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. It makes me wonder if maybe your gardener acquired it himself.

I know you said both cameras are the same, it must be the lighting because the 2nd angle from the U turn is superb. Good plate and facial shot.

BTW does the gardener have to press charges? I know if the UK, although it's usual for a victim to complain, the police can press charges independently if they desire even against a victims wishes. I think it all comes down to how they are feeling and whether the victims testimony is crucial to the case. Here there appears to be clear evidence without this side of the victim saying it was a couple of mates coming around to borrow it with permission.
I would say for the most part the lighting. Because the camera pointing towards the truck is into the morning sun. The camera pointing to the u-turn is away from the morning sun. Also the camera pointing to the truck has the 2.7-12mm lens while camera pointing to the u-turn has the 8-32mm lens. I have a number of both types around the house and I would give the camera with the 8-32mm lens a very slight edge even though they are basically the same camera. Again both cameras are 4MP with the 1/1.8" sensor.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I agree. It makes me wonder if maybe your gardener acquired it himself.

I know you said both cameras are the same, it must be the lighting because the 2nd angle from the U turn is superb. Good plate and facial shot.

BTW does the gardener have to press charges? I know if the UK, although it's usual for a victim to complain, the police can press charges independently if they desire even against a victims wishes. I think it all comes down to how they are feeling and whether the victims testimony is crucial to the case. Here there appears to be clear evidence without this side of the victim saying it was a couple of mates coming around to borrow it with permission.
Yes. In the US (as far as I've ever heard) the only thing where the "victim" doesn't have to be willing to press charges is either in domestic assault or (obviously) felony homicide. In those cases, the police can decide to press charges for you even if you don't want them to. (I'm by no means a lawyer but that's my understanding.)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. In the US (as far as I've ever heard) the only thing where the "victim" doesn't have to be willing to press charges is either in domestic assault or (obviously) felony homicide. (I'm by no means a lawyer but that's my understanding.)
The issue in a case like this would be that there is no way the state can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a theft occurred. With no testimony there is no way to know whether the person taking the blower had permission to take it or it’s value (for the level of offense) for all we know it could’ve been broken.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.. if the people who ie stole the blower were later caught. and they said it is our blower and we were getting it back.
but the gardener disputs this. says no it not it's mine.
Who would have to prove it's they's.. the gardener ..the guy's that took it.. or both party's. and if none of them could show proof of ownership.what happens to the blower,

Sparky19053

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be nice to have the name and address associated with the license plate and post the video on neighbor watch with the address. May have em think twice before the next action. If it was me I be willing to return the goods to have you take it down. Our laws protect the bad guys more than the rest of us.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity.. if the people who ie stole the blower were later caught. and they said it is our blower and we were getting it back.
but the gardener disputs this. says no it not it's mine.
Who would have to prove it's they's.. the gardener ..the guy's that took it.. or both party's. and if none of them could show proof of ownership.what happens to the blower,
IF the guy in the video had filed a police report about it being stolen, he would probably win. If not, then there is evidence of him taking it from this guy's truck. Since it was in the truck, one has to assume it is owned by the gardener.

Remember, this is my opinion. I am not a lawyer, I just play one on TV.;)

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like the gardener and the thief are a part of the problem with crime in your area. Good luck.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have to start wondering now if he's a liability. If your property got burgled and he saw the perps, is he going to deny it? Very strange that he doesn't want to report the loss of the item. It screams to me stolen or illegal worker. Why else would you not want to report the loss of such an expensive item? Also be aware if there are any local laws against employing illegals. You don't want to be the guy that gets prosecuted in the future. You may have to do some background digging to protect yourself if there are.

Reaction score
Very strange that he doesn't want to report the loss of the item
This is incorrect. The police were called and it was reported. He just did not want to press charges. See the beginning of this post. He said he did not want to see them go to jail.

There could be many reasons for him not to want to press charges. Many have already been stated. But this guy is self employed. Sometimes the amount of time one has to spend with pressing charges may stop them from making money. Maybe he is scared of retaliation. Maybe he is afraid that if he gets involved with the police he will loose business. Maybe he did press charges in the past and it did not work out for him.

tldees

n3wb
Reaction score
While I feel your anguish and I'm on your side of this...your problem is simple...you reside in a sanctuary "state" where politicians pass laws that encourage crime. All the cameras in the world will not protect you. I totally get it why the lawn guy want press charges, by leaving his tools unsecured/unattended he's inviting theft. In other other words, they blame him, it's his own fault, don't bother us with your petty crime...sucks but that's life in California...Where I live, coastal Georgia, if i record any crime or theft and have a license number the police will go after the perp. Theft in Georgia is a felony be it a car or bag of candy...You can have thousand dollar cameras surrounding your property but if the cops hands are tied because of liberal laws, whats the point...your screwed...California is a growing cancer...:blankstare:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
While I feel your anguish and I'm on your side of this...your problem is simple...you reside in a sanctuary "state" where politicians pass laws that encourage crime. All the cameras in the world will not protect you. I totally get it why the lawn guy want press charges, by leaving his tools unsecured/unattended he's inviting theft. In other other words, they blame him, it's his own fault, don't bother us with your petty crime...sucks but that's life in California...Where I live, coastal Georgia, if i record any crime or theft and have a license number the police will go after the perp. Theft in Georgia is a felony be it a car or bag of candy...You can have thousand dollar cameras surrounding your property but if the cops hands are tied because of liberal laws, whats the point...your screwed...California is a growing cancer...:blankstare:
I agree but in doing so I'd like to restate what you said with a modification...and please hear me out as I was born and raised in your state of Georgia but also lived for 29 years in California. I would say it is more accurate and appropriate to not say that "California is a growing cancer" but that the POLITICS currently in most of California "...is a growing cancer."

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One of the many protesters wanting their states reopened. One lady in California was chanting "We want our state back". First thing out of my mouth, "You missed the boat on that 30 years ago."

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the many protesters wanting their states reopened. One lady in California was chanting "We want our state back". First thing out of my mouth, "You missed the boat on that 30 years ago."
Our family left Kalifornia 40 years ago....who knew we had another 10 good years left.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is incorrect. The police were called and it was reported. He just did not want to press charges. See the beginning of this post. He said he did not want to see them go to jail.

There could be many reasons for him not to want to press charges. Many have already been stated. But this guy is self employed. Sometimes the amount of time one has to spend with pressing charges may stop them from making money. Maybe he is scared of retaliation. Maybe he is afraid that if he gets involved with the police he will loose business. Maybe he did press charges in the past and it did not work out for him.
Indeed, self employed will loose money / time to go to court.

This is why I like cameras as often you can not trust others to bear witness for you.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is why I like cameras as often you can not trust others to bear witness for you.
Amen to that brother. The wife was telling me about something she saw at the neighbors.
I backed up the cam and she was incorrect.
After rolling out the timeline to her twice and hearing - "I know what I saw" - I found it best to just walk away saying - "and this is why the courts don't always trust eye-witness testimony" :highfive:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
No $#!+, but not of her doing per se. Its been a progression of mostly liberal democrats and also republicans that have given the state away. They talk about the need for housing. What about the housing used up by I'd guess many millions (that's many millions plural) of illegals, many of which don't have to pay state or federal taxes. The benefit for them, being illegal and not in the system with a SS number is that they fly under the radar and no one come after them. I am self employed in the service industry and know many of them personally and I know from talking to them that they don't pay taxes. I like the Latin American guys that are honest hard workers, they are good people. But me being in the system there is no way I can not pay taxes without it eventually catching up with me. So in that sense it is not fair. And those taxes I pay, are for benefits that go to them who don't pay

I read not too long ago about Farmers complaining that they don't have enough workers. No $#!+ again. The illegals know now that they can do the service and construction trades and make 6 figures easy and not have to pay taxes.

If Democrats really were the compassionate one like they profess they are, They would look out after those that are already legal. If Blacks are really repressed like Democrats say they are, and I believe they are in certain ways, but because of Democrat policy, they would have developed programs to get Blacks into these trades and not allow illegals to do them. But to do this correctly would also mean strong enforcement of illegal immigration.

Politicians are not doing things with the long haul and the legal citizens in mind. Also there should be laws that foreign entities cannot just come into the USA and buy up land and companies.

Last edited: