video quality

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont get why your watching a tree.. are you expecting someone to steal it or does it mug you from time to time?

you should try putting it next to your door

Wtf lmao ...

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I dont get why your watching a tree.. are you expecting someone to steal it or does it mug you from time to time?

you should try putting it next to your door
Yeah, I know. It's pretty much impossible to get the camera anywhere close to that front door do to how the front porch and roof construction is. I pretty much had to bring the cable up through conduit on the side of the house from the crawlspace to mount it there. It's certainly not ideal.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
switch em out with dusk to dawn lights then.. the better motion lights have a switch to go to this mode.
I'm definitely going to look into that. They're LEDs so it's not as bad as burning halogen floods all night.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It's pretty much impossible to get the camera anywhere close to that front door do to how the front porch and roof construction is. I pretty much had to bring the cable up through conduit on the side of the house from the crawlspace to mount it there. It's certainly not ideal.
run it across the patio roof in conduit too then, if you use rigid EMT conduit you can paint it to match the surface its mounted on very easy and it'll disappear to all but the most OCD.. I have installed cameras this way, if you do it right it looks just fine.. alot better than the shit job the cable companies do with stringing coax exposed along the side of people's houses.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
run it across the patio roof in conduit too then, if you use rigid EMT conduit you can paint it to match the surface its mounted on very easy and it'll disappear to all but the most OCD.. I have installed cameras this way, if you do it right it looks just fine.. alot better than the shit job the cable companies do with stringing coax exposed along the side of people's houses.
I agree... you wouldn't believe how many times Comcast wanted to run coax cable on the outside of my house. Lazy assholes..