Video Server question

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an old Axis 241QA video server which basically took my ethernet LAN cable and served the 4 seperate video signals to 4 BNC outputs.

My question is, are there video serves (similar to this one) that would take the LAN ethernet signal and serve them to 4 ( or more ) ethernet channels?

Any recommendations would be appreciated

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an old Axis 241QA video server which basically took my ethernet LAN cable and served the 4 seperate video signals to 4 BNC outputs.

My question is, are there video serves (similar to this one) that would take the LAN ethernet signal and serve them to 4 ( or more ) ethernet channels?
As long as no additional routing is required, once the composite (analog) video inputs are converted / encoded to a TCP/IP (IP-based) Ethernet "signal", sounds like a standard 10/100 or gigabit, 5 to 24 port Ethernet switch would provide those "4 ( or more ) ethernet channels" you're looking for....or perhaps I misunderstood your question or concept.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jjsmd

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your reply, please excuse my ignorance I'm a relative Newbie.

My scenario is as follows, I have several ip cameras (some wired and some wireless) all encoded onto my LAN so that when I use a browser to see the feeds I can get individual cameras by using their IP address.

I would like to get the feeds onto a NVR which accepts 8 Ethernet cables as inputs. I have one Ethernet cable from my LAN going to the location of the NVR
How do I split the 8 different feeds onto separate Ethernet cables to input onto the NVR? I am able to use BlueIris software to get the individual feeds, but is there a hardware solution to split the
composite LAN to individual cables that would each only carry one IP address?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depending on the NVR you may be able to manually configure each cameras IP address on the NVR and not use the POE rj-45 plugs.