video surveillance for home please help

Eladin Johans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, not to change the subject on your thread, but seeing you are from Ukraine?, what is really happening in your country with Russia? We don't trust the Western media in the US to tell us the real truth.
It's hard for me to speak about this. To be honest, the situation is pretty bad. It's safe in Kyiv, but the rest of the country is struggling from massive missile attacks.

The situation is terrible; many people got unemployed and had to move to Poland. I have no money for it, so I am just sitting at my house waiting for this situation to end. I have two kids and a wife, so thank god we have a garden and are trying to get as many vegetables as possible not to starve.

So... no jobs, no extra money, life becomes risky, some people are already robbed. That's why I decided to set some surveillance protection. As you can understand, cheapness is not my choice... it's a necessity

And I'd like to say thank you guys again for all your advice and help. I find myself peaceful when working with these apps and researching video surveillance. I like it

Eladin Johans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you have two positions shown. What are you hoping to see in those positions? You need to define your objectives. If all you want is to see someone that can't be identified walking by, then you are fine. If you need to be able to ID the person's face, you are not going to get that with this set up.
Yea, maybe more cameras from different angles may help with this. I'll keep do experiments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's hard for me to speak about this. To be honest, the situation is pretty bad. It's safe in Kyiv, but the rest of the country is struggling from massive missile attacks.

The situation is terrible; many people got unemployed and had to move to Poland. I have no money for it, so I am just sitting at my house waiting for this situation to end. I have two kids and a wife, so thank god we have a garden and are trying to get as many vegetables as possible not to starve.

So... no jobs, no extra money, life becomes risky, some people are already robbed. That's why I decided to set some surveillance protection. As you can understand, cheapness is not my choice... it's a necessity

And I'd like to say thank you guys again for all your advice and help. I find myself peaceful when working with these apps and researching video surveillance. I like it
Wishing you the best for you and your family. Terrible circumstances.

Eladin Johans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So as I promised, there is face to face surveillance comparison of Faceter and Alfred apps at night. Same time, same lighting. (sorry for the bad montage, I am not good in it)

My purchased camera is still being shipped (and no one knows how much time it will take) , so I decided to use Faceter for a while because it gives better quality in the same conditions. I use free version, so I pay only for the electricity, which is cheap in my town.

Hope guys I will come back again to show you the comparison of these apps with Ryze Camera :))

Attachments

AlbertG

n3wb
Reaction score
So as I promised, there is face to face surveillance comparison of Faceter and Alfred apps at night. Same time, same lighting. (sorry for the bad montage, I am not good in it)

My purchased camera is still being shipped (and no one knows how much time it will take) , so I decided to use Faceter for a while because it gives better quality in the same conditions. I use free version, so I pay only for the electricity, which is cheap in my town.

Hope guys I will come back again to show you the comparison of these apps with Ryze Camera :))
Thanks for the research. I can't believe phones can give such detailed picture at night. The question is... what about movement detection? I can't see something concerning this on your videos

Eladin Johans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the research. I can't believe phones can give such detailed picture at night. The question is... what about movement detection? I can't see something concerning this on your videos
View attachment 133007

Hmmm, the app's descriptions says YES, but ... I can't find it. Maybe I should mail the devs