Videos all black beyond 5 days?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
General thought is to split the cameras on both drives.

Then say you have 4 cameras on the front, 4 on the back, 4 on the left side of the house, and 4 on the right side of the house - take those 16 cameras and put 2 from each side on one drive and 2 from each side on the other drive so that if one drive goes out, you still have coverage on all the sides.

Reactions: pbc

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is what resource monitor shows:

1662136888740.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, New and Stored can be on as many drives as needed. Just put them under a master directory named Blue Iris.

Just split the cameras proportionately based on megapixels between the drives. Try not to put all the cameras on one side of the house on the same drive. In the event of a drive failure you'll still have the records from the other drive available that way.

Right click on those apps running on the D:\ drive and see if you can end them.

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is so strange. Resource monitor shows nothing running on D. I removed my Avast antivirus, shut down all programs, etc., but still getting the same error.

I managed to format it using MiniPartition Tool, but that tool only allows me to format at a 64kb cluster size. So E is formatted at 1024kb, while D is 64kb, so not ideal. Trying to see if there is another tool that can format it similar to MiniPartition (which runs the format on a restart before the drive gets any use I guess)