Viewing BI on my TV?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to view bi on my living room tv. Here is my setup. BI is running on a server, I have a lg TV with Internet access and a firestick. I also have the bi app running on a tablet but it would be nice to be blessed to view it on tv when needed. Thanks in advance.

ekaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where is the server in relation to the TV? I leave BI up to preview all cameras and going to run an HDMI cable from the server to my TV

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is in ano there room is there a way to do it but? I read something about loading apps on the stick?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, so you are saying to install the app on the firestick? I do have the app on an android tablet already

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Another way is to get a chrome cast and connect to the hdmi port on the TV and use your wireless network to stream a BI Webpage from a desktop pc to the chromecast conncted on the TV.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Another way is to get a chrome cast and connect to the hdmi port on the TV and use your wireless network to stream a BI Webpage from a desktop pc to the chromecast conncted on the TV.
That is interesting, so it will stream the live view to the TV? How do you set it up?

- - - Updated - - -

The fire stick has its own app store.
Didn't see bi app there

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is interesting, so it will stream the live view to the TV? How do you set it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't see bi app there
Its there.
Edit: its in the amazon store but it may not be compatible with the stick...

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its there.
Edit: its in the amazon store but it may not be compatible with the stick...
Its not, i just ran into this with the Fire Tablet. Its on the Google Play Store but not the Amazon. Had to semi-root the device to load Google Play and then download the BI app there.

Is there any way for you to run an HDMI or VGA cable from the server to the TV? Thats what i did, and it works great however I have a TV in the same room, just needed to purchase a long enough cable and then stealth decently to keep my inner OCD from screaming.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its not, i just ran into this with the Fire Tablet. Its on the Google Play Store but not the Amazon. Had to semi-root the device to load Google Play and then download the BI app there.

Is there any way for you to run an HDMI or VGA cable from the server to the TV? Thats what i did, and it works great however I have a TV in the same room, just needed to purchase a long enough cable and then stealth decently to keep my inner OCD from screaming.
It is in the amazon store, it may not be compatible with fire devices though...https://www.amazon.com/Perspective-Software-Blue-Iris/dp/B00CE1F3NM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1469658386&sr=8-4&keywords=blue+iris

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Once your chrome cast is connected to your TV and your wireless network, You access it from a desktop PC that runs a Chrome Browser, any web page you display in the chrome browser will cast to the TV.

Reaction score
I just use the web browser built into the TV and connect to the BI web server. I made the server the homepage on the TV so all I have to do is open the browser and the cameras pop up.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I just use the web browser built into the TV and connect to the BI web server. I made the server the homepage on the TV so all I have to do is open the browser and the cameras pop up.
I've tried this too, it works but I haven't been able to get the web browser to save the login. It's a pain having to enter username & password from tv remote every time I want to use it. This is on a Samsung "smart tv", I think I've seen other people have issues with it saving passwords on Netflix, etc.

Reaction score
I enabled the Anonymous account in BI for local LAN only. This way it won't require a username and password when I login on the TV. The anonymous account has limited functions such as only viewing cameras. Recorded videos can't be viewed or settings changed.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
hmm I tried enabling the Anonymous account in BI for local LAN only and it does not let me login without a user name and password, am I missing something?

Reaction score
Under "Blue Iris Options" go to the Web server tab, go down to advanced, under "Authentication" make sure it says "Non-LAN only". You will probably have to attempt to try and login to you BI server on your LAN first without a username and password. Once you did that, the Anonymous account should pop up under Users. Make sure you configure that account for LAN only. Let me know if this works.

mycoma

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, I tried again today and it is working with out a login and pw now, maybe I was using the external address last time?

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have an android phone and the Chromecast App installed on your phone, the Chromecast Icon is up in the corner of the BI app. Once viewing, you cast it to any chromecast connected to your network.

chaycock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.