Viewing IP Cam over Blueiris from a different network using dynamic dns service

btroughton

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to have to add a new DSL connection to work side by side with my 1st DSL service. One of the IP cams will have to be on the new dsl service line but hopefully still be in range of my first
DSL with its corresponding wireless network. My question is how to I add this cam to the first service which has my Blueiris software. I assume it has to be done with my DDNS service associated with this cam but
have no idea how to add it to Blueiris on my main network.
Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You can do it but you will be tying up bandwidth on what is already a likely slow dsl connection. Setup the port forward and use the ddns address in the ip field. Why are you using two dsl connections in one location?

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Some DSL providers have data caps too, 1 camera may not push you over the limit but it's worth while looking into.

btroughton

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You can do it but you will be tying up bandwidth on what is already a likely slow dsl connection. Setup the port forward and use the ddns address in the ip field. Why are you using two dsl connections in one location?
Over here in Great Britain most isp's throttle bandwidth after a certain point so the access points tend to be troublesome aty some point
Thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator: