Viewing on a smart tv

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have several small TVs throughout my house with a Chromecast plugged in the back and I run multiple sessions of Chrome on the BI Server displaying the cameras. Been running them for months non-stop, exceptionally reliable.

Reaction score
I have several small TVs throughout my house with a Chromecast plugged in the back and I run multiple sessions of Chrome on the BI Server displaying the cameras. Been running them for months non-stop, exceptionally reliable.
I use Chromecast as well. Has a few bugs but it does work pretty well.

luder888

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Chromecast as well. Has a few bugs but it does work pretty well.
At first I didn't like all the extra borders and frames in the jpegpull.html file. I ended up editing that file to remove everything but the essentials. Now it's showing a full-screen view and I'm very happy with it.

What kind of bugs did you run into? It has been working very well for me albeit it does chew up some CPU casting to two TVs.

Reaction score
At first I didn't like all the extra borders and frames in the jpegpull.html file. I ended up editing that file to remove everything but the essentials. Now it's showing a full-screen view and I'm very happy with it.

What kind of bugs did you run into? It has been working very well for me albeit it does chew up some CPU casting to two TVs.

If I just let it run its fine but sometimes if I try to adjust with PTZ controls while casting I will need to restart it. I haven't ran into any issues with cpu but I recently found quite the deal ebay on used cheap servers for $200. 64 GB, dual Xeon processors. It runs my sharepoint site, weather station, 4 web cams thru BI, skype server, minecraft server, chat server. I run a virtual win 10 for the BI and dedicate 12 cores to it and 1 nic. The server has 4 1gb network cards. Very good investment in my opinion. :)

skearton

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to route camera audio through the Chromecast? When I enable audio, it uses my phone for audio playback during the cast rather than the speakers of my television.

I had an old netbook laying around, so I stuck it in my TV's wall mount bracket, and watch through internet explorer currently. I'd love to know about Chrome and Chromecast audio support if anyone has a good workaround.

Thank you.

EDIT: If I mirror my device over Chromecast the audio works fine, so maybe the limitation lies within the Chromecast or apk settings.