Viewing Software

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Looking for a camera software that can display 48+ cameras at the same time. Recording is not necessary. Ive tried BI but it uses waayy too much CPU power for what i have. Ill be installing on a i5 pc.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Looking for a camera software that can display 48+ cameras at the same time. Recording is not necessary. Ive tried BI but it uses waayy too much CPU power for what i have. Ill be installing on a i5 pc.

Thanks
There is no software just for viewing...as suggested in the other thread, use the substream for viewing-that is what all NVR's do...or just get a 64ch nvr....there is no point in sending a 1080p stream if the monitor will not support it on the small section of screen. Also note that BI can use nvidia cards to help more efficiently display live cameras. Finally enable direct to disk as recommended in other threads.

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The issue is that its displaying on a 46" tv so the substream will look terrible. And its also a "mini" system which I didnt supply so adding a video card is impossible....Have tried direct to disk but havent noticed any difference

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The issue is that its displaying on a 46" tv so the substream will look terrible. And its also a "mini" system which I didnt supply so adding a video card is impossible....Have tried direct to disk but havent noticed any difference
you need to adjust the substream to the max...that is how every nvr works-via the substream for the matrix view. Even default substream footage will look fine if you are placing 46 cams on a 46" tv...
also, if you are running the demo of blue iris, then direct to disk will not work. you can also lower the live preview rate to 7-10fps...are you logging into the pc remotely or viewing on a local monitor when testing.

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Max on the substream is 640X480. I bought a license for BI and still not making a difference (unless there is more than one direct to disk option) And also lowered the preview rate. But i am looking in remotely when testing

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there anyway to set BI to show substream in matrix and go up to full res when i explode one camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Max on the substream is 640X480. I bought a license for BI and still not making a difference (unless there is more than one direct to disk option) And also lowered the preview rate. But i am looking in remotely when testing
you should enable hardware acceleration as well...
viewing remotely is your problem...remote viewing software destroys cpu when there is video....that is 100 percent your issue...often windows task-manager incorrectly attributes the use to blue iris when in fact its there remote viewing software. If you stop viewing remotely you will solve your problem.
46 cameras at 640x480 is WAY more than your 46" 1080p/4k monitor can allocate for each camera...so you will be just fine.

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok man, will go there tomorrow and give it a try...Thanks for your help

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just dropping them to the substream the 5 cameras i had up dropped from 53%-6%

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to let you know you were correct, but as it turns out my client wants to view them all at full resolution when opened full screen. Will look through this forum for ideas on spec.

Thanks

Baje

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey man, you seem quite knowledgeable. Been looking through the forums looking for a recommended pc spec but i cant seem to find any for 45+ cameras. Willing to share your thoughts?

Thanks