vivotek IP cameras problem on Hikvision NVR

headsup

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-7616NI-SP which is supposed to handle other brands of camera in plug n play.

The cameras are Vivotek IP8332-C which can be seen if i plug them to Hikvision 8 port POE switch then to my router and use vivoteks setup tool , the IP address which shows in that tool doesnt work in the NVR add camera box though.

clicking smart setup in the vivotek tool gives me this image below with all different IP addresses again but those IP addresses dont work in the add camera function in the NVR either , i did give the camera a password but adding that doesnt give me a win either.

I have set up all IP addresses for IPv4 , DNS and gateway etc but i cant get the cameras to show in the NVR as a starting step.

If i connect the cameras direct to the NVR ports they should work but wont ...and connecting the NVR LAN cable to my router , router to 8 port switch and the cameras connected to the 8 port switch dont show in the NVR or through the router on vivoteks setup tool.

I have tried protocol set to vivotek , also tried ONVIF but when i click update the NVR says no idle camera is detected

I tried manual setup and plug n play but neither work.

what am i doing wrong ?

is it the IP address problem or ???

:nervous:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If i connect the cameras direct to the NVR ports they should work but wont
If your NVR is set up in the usual Hikvision way, the PoE ports are in the address range 192.168.254.x
You will need to set the camera IP address to match that of the IP address that is set on the specific PoE port you are connecting the camera to.
This can be seen in the NVR web GUI under Camera Management.

headsup

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks alastair , my Camera Management shows IP's in the range 192.0.0.x

If i try to use the vivotek tool to change the IP to the above , it gives me error box "please input valid value"

any suggestions ?

thankyou kindly

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If i connect the cameras direct to the NVR ports they should work but wont .
I assumed, incorrectly it seems, from the comment above that the NVR had PoE ports.
If the cameras are connected to the LAN and are using a IP address range valid for the LAN, then the NVR IP address will also have to be in that same range for the cameras to be accessible to it.
Your screenshot suggests that your LAN IP addresses are 192.168.1.x in which case the NVR camera addresses of 192.0.0.x are not.

headsup

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks but the NVR does have POE ports and yes the cameras are POE too.

this girl doesnt wanna play :(

could management port setting cause a problem here ??

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's at the Hikvision value of 8000 that's probably incorrect. If the camera documentation doesn't help, try 80.
After you have matched the camera IP address to the NVR PoE port address.

headsup

n3wb
Reaction score
getting closer for unknown reasons one camera appeared on screen for a couple of minutes then disappeared again , note there were no camera "D" numbers at the front , they have refreshed and now have camera numbers D9 ,10 , 11 etc

i have a setting wrong somewhere , tried changing management port to 80 , 8000 but nil change

mystery abounds ...

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Why are the NVR channel IP addresses in a different range than the 'found' ONVIF cameras? They will never connect like that. You seem to have customised the NVR PoE interface addresses.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
How did you fix this?
Maybe the configuration page is complaining that the router IP address is on a different network segment than the camera IP address.
Some configurations don't do that check - some do. Maybe this one does.
For a Hikvision NVR, a valid router IP address would be 192.168.254.1
If you want to put in an invalid value to inhibit the ability to send traffic outside the NVR PoE segment, use something like 192.168.254.100 which is in the same segment, but presumably does not exist.

Reaction score
Maybe the configuration page is complaining that the router IP address is on a different network segment than the camera IP address.
Some configurations don't do that check - some do. Maybe this one does.
For a Hikvision NVR, a valid router IP address would be 192.168.254.1
If you want to put in an invalid value to inhibit the ability to send traffic outside the NVR PoE segment, use something like 192.168.254.100 which is in the same segment, but presumably does not exist.
You are right, the router ip needed changing.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am now seeing "IP Camera Exception" when trying to add the camera to my HikVision NVR
Assuming that you are trying to add the camera to an NVR PoE port.
OK, so you have set the camera IP address to match the IP address of the PoE channel that you have plugged the camera in to.
And - assuming you are adding the camera as an ONVIF device - you will need to know the camera 'ONVIF port'.
This is often 80, but can also be something quite different. And also different from the HTTP port.
Best to have the NVR PoE channel set to Manual mode instead of Plug&Play.
The very useful tool ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) gives lots of useful info for ONVIF devices, which it finds automatically when on the same IP address range as the PC.
The 'ONVIF port' can be seen in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page. If no port obviously shows, it is 80.
To query cameras on the NVR PoE ports, you'd need to temporarily set the PC IP address to be in the same range as the NVR PoE interface, such as 192.168.254.100 and connect the PC to an unused PoE port.
It will find the cameras automatically. Give it some logon credentials, top left of the window.

tuyizere

n3wb
Reaction score
hello dear freinds i'm felix from rwanda
i would like to ask you help
my question
i wanna to connect ip cameras of vivotek to nvr of hikvision but they can't be connected
what can i do pls help me!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i wanna to connect ip cameras of vivotek
What model of camera?
Is it ONVIF compatible?
Does the NVR have PoE ports that you want to connect the camera to?
What is the IP address of the NVR?
What is the IP address of the camera?
Can you access and log in to the web GUI of the camera with a browser?

tuyizere

n3wb
Reaction score
it is compatible with onvif
nvr has 16PoE port
169.254.236.10 ip of nvr
one camera has 169.254.236.4

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
nvr has 16PoE port
What is the IPv4 address of the 'internal NIC' as seen via the VGA/HDMI interface?
This is usually 192.168.254.1 for a Hikvision NVR.
one camera has 169.254.236.4
That is not a valid address to connect to the NVR PoE ports.
You must set the IP address of the camera to match the IP address specified on the NVR PoE channel that you connect the camera to.

tuyizere

n3wb
Reaction score
but i have added those camera manually because they are connect to switch then i have linked switch to nvr

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but i have added those camera manually because they are connect to switch then i have linked switch to nvr
OK - so the NVR PoE port is in 'Manual' mode, and you have specified the IP address that the camera has in the NVR Camera Configuration page?
And used ONVIF as the protocol?
Use ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) to check the 'ONVIF port', in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page.