VPN on demand with iDMSS

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it does seem a bit more complicated than I had hoped, but the value it provides if it does what I “think” it will do would make it worth setting up. I’m trying to make it as easy as possible for someone to connect to an NVR and view cameras remotely. Some people (like my wife) won’t remember to open the vpn app before viewing and close it afterwards. I think on an Android device you can use the IFTTT app to solve this but not in IOS.

I was really hoping someone had solved it and could provide some insight as to how they set it up.

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got anybody luck with configuring VPN on demand with the iDMSS app?
I’ve got VPN on demand working with my iPhone with several apps and Safari. Only with the iDMSS app the tunnel is not started.
Hey just checking did you ever get this working i got same issue trying vpn on demand?

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't seen an easy way to get iOS to do "VPN On Demand". It looks like it can be done by using Apple Configurator, Apple Profile Manager, or a MDM to make a Profile that gets installed on the iOS device, but that seems too far out there for 99% of folks.
Here is what i use and it works perfect creating auto vpn profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey just checking did you ever get this working i got same issue trying vpn on demand?
Nope. I’m using VPN on demand, but it still doesn’t work with iDMSS. So if I want to see my cams while I’m away from home I start the app for my smart home first, which the enables the tunnel and the I switch to iDMSS. Still not satisfying.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Dennis

One of my client when he use idmss or easy4ip remotely, it becomes very slow. Though he has fast upload 17-19 mbps. Do you think it has been attacked or not? Any idea?
Can confirm that I also get this when using Cloudflare's ios VPN.