VPN option with Linksys wrt3200 acm

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have configured couple Dahua star light camera and was looking for some insight on VPN setup on Linksys WRT3200 ACM. WRT3200 ACM has built in openVPN option, should I use that or should I install DDWRT firmware?

What software do I need to use to view camera when remote from PC, Android and IOS (iDMSS, SmartPSS or BI? Will this require vpn Client to be installed ? I am also planning to setup BI in future.

Last edited:

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did any one had good luck with Linksys WRT3200 acm stock firmware, i tried to configure Open VPN but not able to connect , I am getting below error, leaning towards buying Netgear or Asus router?
upload_2018-9-7_20-9-8.png

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
After doing more troubleshooting I found out the issue is related to my w10 PC, I am able to connect to VPN server from iphone using public wifi but I still cannot connect using Tmobile network. Any one ran into this issue and has a fix for it? I am trying different option mentioned in below forum
Cant view home cameras with T-Mobile iPhone but...

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any T-Mobile user out there having issue making VPN connection using T-mobile network? I changed my router from Linksys to Asus Blue cave but that did not help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any T-Mobile user out there having issue making VPN connection using T-mobile network? I changed my router from Linksys to Asus Blue cave but that did not help.
Wont help you. Tmobile is not giving you an externally routable ip address. You need to use something like hamachi or ngrock

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman, I will look into hamachi or ngrock as alternate option.

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman, I tried to VPN using different service provider and I was able to remotely view camera but it will not work if I disable internet access on IP-Camera. Am I missing some thing here?

upload_2018-12-6_13-9-25.png

Attachments