vpn recommendations for BI

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In reading the new version notes it mentioned a suggested VPN service for secure access. I cannot find it again and wondering if someone can point me to the information. My primary need is because my NAT/PAT gets screwed up frequently for some reason. I think it is from gaming on my network. I wanted to try a VPN to see if it helps.

thanks

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use openVPN. It is easiest if it runs on your router. I use an Asus router.

Do not get confused.
There are two completely different types of VPN. They depend on where the network traffic are originates from.
Outbound, traffic starts on the home network, games, Google, bank... It hides you on the internet, this normally is a service and has a monthly charge.
Inbound the traffic starts external to your home network, your phone, your tablet, office computer, the access to your home network is encrypted and secure,this has no monthly charge, openVPN.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks,
completely familiar with VPN and types. was just looking for the one that was in the docs on BI 5. i use ATT so the router sucks a$$.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some not all modem/router provided by the internet providers can be put into passthru or bypass mode so that it only acts as a modem not a router. This allows you to use your own router. I like ASUS routers simple to set up. Keep it simple

I am still on BI 4. Will not upgrade until october, you lead you bleed.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
been bleeding forever. bi5 is fine. my issues have been around long before bi5. i aint skeerd