Wall Mount for Hikvision 2332 EXIR

jweage

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 different spots where the cameras will be mounted on a vertical wall with siding.

Is there any advantage to using a wall mount bracket to hang the camera upside down?

Or just using a Vertical Siding Mounting block and have it against the wall?

Attachments

ServiceXp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm interested in the answers to this also.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe there is a hikvision specific junction box that can also be used.
I always prefer a smaller footprint for aesthetics, however, there are benefits to using the arm mount. If the camera will be aimed hard left or hard right, you can get a much better angle using the mount. For example if you will be covering a door to the right or left of the camera. The arm mount is also beneficial when you want the camera visible as a deterrent.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a conduit hole on the side of those wall mounts? Looks like just a simple hole for the ethernet cable

awlectric

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was going to buy that mount too but after fiddling with the mount that came with the 2332 I found that it wasn't needed. I would try to get the factory mount to work before spending the extra $$. Just a suggestion. ...

MrCourtney

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two 2332 EXIR. One is mounted on the vertical siding mount you show above. Works well. I used that so any rain that might reach the area won't get into the camera if it sheets down the wall. (Hasn't happened but the mount looks nice)
The other is mounted directly to the wall in my home office.
Both work equally well. Depends on wetness or aesthetics of the area.
I also have to a wall mount bracket which I paid a fortune for and don't really need now.

Keep in mind -
1) the vertical mount bracket allows the cabling to be stored in the neck and that gives much more freedom to the ball to be moved around for aiming. The thing looks BIG when done and I wouldn't recommend it for inside your house.
2) The vertical siding mount will give you "some" room to cram in the cables between the wall and camera but it can affect the ball making it tight or unable to move it to its limits.
3) Plastering it directly to the wall doable but the worse situation. There really is not enough room for the connectors and cabling between the ball and the wall. You can do it with some creative packing but it puts a lot of pressure on the cable going the camera and makes adjusting stiff - and in some cases impossible. The answer is to drill a 2 inch hole in the wall under the mount so you can stuff the cables in there. If you don't want to do that, use option 2.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I mounted my first 2332 I drilled a hole large enough for the pigtail to fit through and pushed the cables through the wall into an unfinished garage. I have plans to re-side the home soon, so I wasn't too concerned about the hole. When I mounted a 2332 in a different area I went with the siding mount. It allowed me to drill a hole right under the bottom edge of a piece of siding that was just large enough for a bare CAT6 cable to go through. I then used the weather resistant Ethernet connection that Hikvision provided to make my Ethernet/POE connection. Although there isn't much room to spare, I had no problem stowing all of the cabling inside the siding mount, and attaching the camera mount to it. I was very happy with the results.

Attachments