Wall of shame

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Luckily his ass landed in the wall cabinet, I brought in the ladder so he could get down.
In 25 years I’ve only had 1 tech do that! Few times have the guys done enough damage to call the insurance company, ceiling wasn’t one of them. It can always be worse; drilling through a wall, hitting gas and burning an apartment building down!

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In 25 years I’ve only had 1 tech do that! Few times have the guys done enough damage to call the insurance company, ceiling wasn’t one of them. It can always be worse; drilling through a wall, hitting gas and burning an apartment building down!
The good thing was that his wife was out with the kids at that time. That hole was like having the oven door open, you could just feel a current of hot air continually blowing into the house. I was able to patch up the hole and cleaned up most of the insulation before his family came home. Funny thing is that. His wife walked right past and didn’t notice it but then one of his daughters just had to pointed out. F884DB9E-FD7F-4590-A96C-48668B972EDA.jpeg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The good thing was that his wife was out with the kids at that time. That hole was like having the oven door open, you could just feel a current of hot air continually blowing into the house. I was able to patch up the hole and cleaned up most of the insulation before his family came home. Funny thing is that. His wife walked right past and didn’t notice it but then one of his daughters just had to pointed out. View attachment 152197
And then the sharp eyed daughter's weekly allowance was deducted by half for some reason after going home. :p

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
The good thing was that his wife was out with the kids at that time. That hole was like having the oven door open, you could just feel a current of hot air continually blowing into the house. I was able to patch up the hole and cleaned up most of the insulation before his family came home. Funny thing is that. His wife walked right past and didn’t notice it but then one of his daughters just had to pointed out. View attachment 152197
Popcorn ceiling sucks!

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like wall anchors gave out. Good thing they had those load bearing cables.
View attachment 152318
From the angle of the picture, it looks like the whole rack was only fastened to the wall by 2 screws at the top.......in tiny drywall anchors......not even in the studs......