Wall of shame

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, I thought it was the gold 40 pin "J1' that was not plugged in. :wtf:
It is amazing how sometimes it's a pain in the butt to get them plugged and seated correctly so they will make perfect continuity, but I figured it must have been something else in the picture, as losing a half day over one of those would indicate you need to get into another profession......:thumb:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is amazing how sometimes it's a pain in the butt to get them plugged and seated correctly so they will make perfect continuity, but I figured it must have been something else in the picture, as losing a half day over one of those would indicate you need to get into another profession......:thumb:
I'm assuming they "lost half a day" before they decided to open up the camera and that some cursing followed.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
just below the "180" marking.... some of the grey ribbon cable conductors are now "wireless"
I did this first time I opened a camera to see how feasible it would be to change the lens. Fortunately, it was just the connector for the IR LED and I just mounted the camera where I wouldn't need IR. I've since learned that it's uneasier to unscrew the IR LED from the body than try and fiddle with the connector.

Live and learn, right?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got Velcro wraps on it. Done.

What's the reason for the blue adapter going into port 1 on the Cisco switch? Looks like you could just plug the cable going into that adapter directly to the switch?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Was running 2 cams off 1 cable. Until the 5231 fogged up . then i brought it inside. There is a pair of splitters in a kit from Amazon. you can power 2 as long as your staying with a cabling standard like using 568B