Want to see comparison pictures of my $47 Ebay 15 LED IR illuminator?

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ANYONE who wants to see images of my 15 LED IR $47 Ebay buy, PM me. I will share PRIVATELY for 2 days only, Maybe longer.... comparison pictures from it. 3 different camera angles with the IR on and another with the IR off. Again, privately, please do not save my images that I share with you through PM, I'm very weird about stuff lol. ;) Then it can be discussed here if you choose.

I have owned it since June I believe it is, it's on every night. It is actually more powerful than what I need but I wasn't sure at the time if it would be enough based on the distance to my vehicles I needed illuminated.

CAMERAS:
The first 2 camera shots are from (2) 4MP 2.8mm Dahua Turrets IPC-HDW4421C
The third set of images are from a no name 2MP 3.6mm Chinese turret

LINK:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?pub=5574850777&campid=5337590696&toolid=10001&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-LED-328-Ft-45-Degree-Night-Vision-IR-Infrared-Illuminator-For-CCTV-Camera-/291504952715?hash=item43df0c958b:g:yxIAAOSwHnFVk4R0

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ANYONE who wants to see images of my 15 LED IR $47 Ebay buy, PM me. I will share PRIVATELY for 2 days only, Maybe longer.... comparison pictures from it. 3 different camera angles with the IR on and another with the IR off. Again, privately, please do not save my images that I share with you through PM, I'm very weird about stuff lol. ;) Then it can be discussed here if you choose.

I have owned it since June I believe it is, it's on every night. It is actually more powerful than what I need but I wasn't sure at the time if it would be enough based on the distance to my vehicles I needed illuminated.

CAMERAS:
The first 2 camera shots are from (2) 4MP 2.8mm Dahua Turrets IPC-HDW4421C
The third set of images are from a no name 2MP 3.6mm Chinese turret

LINK:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?pub=5574850777&campid=5337590696&toolid=10001&mpre=http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-LED-328-Ft-45-Degree-Night-Vision-IR-Infrared-Illuminator-For-CCTV-Camera-/291504952715?hash=item43df0c958b:g:yxIAAOSwHnFVk4R0
Yeah, well, that was the worst marketing speil I've seen in years... No way in hell will I ever PM you, or give you my Email or credit card numbers... I'm just "weird like that"... Post the pictures, maybe you will sell something, or go away... $46.00 for a 45 degree spotlight is $19.00 or less on E-bay or Amazon... And those lights look better...

Now if the ad said 90 degrees at 20 meters it might get my attention... Everybody needs that. In another words: BS... No frigging way could it light up the goal posts on the other side of an American football field... Post a picture of that and you will sell MILLIONS OF THEM...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, that was the worst marketing speil I've seen in years... No way in hell will I ever PM you, or give you my Email or credit card numbers... I'm just "weird like that"... Post the pictures, maybe you will sell something, or go away... $46.00 for a 45 degree spotlight is $19.00 or less on E-bay or Amazon... And those lights look better...

Now if the add said 90 degrees at 30 meters it might get my attention.. In another words: BS...
You are making a lot of assumptions that are incorrect - why make accusations when you have no evidence. That is an IR illuminator not a spotlight and is the going rate for that design an led type.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Now if the ad said 90 degrees at 20 meters it might get my attention... Everybody needs that. In another words: BS... No frigging way could it light up the goal posts on the other side of an American football field... Post a picture of that and you will sell MILLIONS OF THEM...
I believe badmop is offering to show us how well the light he bought works. He's not trying to sell anything.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe badmop is offering to show us how well the light he bought works. He's not trying to sell anything.
I didn't mean this in a bad way, except that posting pictures on the forum is easy, and a link is even easier. I went to the E-Bay seller, E-bay is one of my favorites and discovered it is 45 degrees at 328 feet. I know from experience that is impossible with IR, and almost impossible with visible light, (500watt). I assumed it was the E-bay seller spamming the forum. Sorry.

Now, can any one point me to a nice 90 degree, 2.8mm, 20 meter (60' arc) IR illuminator that works? We've been looking for them for years... Here is a quick example of what NOT TO BUY...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-LED-Infrared-Night-vision-IR-Light-illuminator-lamp-for-IP-CCTV-CCD-Camera-/252070308437?hash=item3ab08faa55:g:l90AAOSwT6pV3b~I

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't mean this in a bad way, except that posting pictures on the forum is easy, and a link is even easier. I went to the E-Bay seller, E-bay is one of my favorites and discovered it is 45 degrees at 328 feet. I know from experience that is impossible with IR, and almost impossible with visible light. I assumed it was the E-bay seller spamming the forum. Sorry...

Now, can any one point me to a nice 90 degree, 2.8mm, 20 meter (60' arc) IR illuminator that works? We've been looking for them for years...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-LED-Infrared-Night-vision-IR-Light-illuminator-lamp-for-IP-CCTV-CCD-Camera-/252070308437?hash=item3ab08faa55:g:l90AAOSwT6pV3b~I
Every IR spec is embellished...sometimes 45 degrees is preferable to a wider spread.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every IR spec is embellished...sometimes 45 degrees is preferable to a wider spread.
Yep, you are correct... There are very few inexpensive IR flood lights 90 degrees. 50 degrees and less are cheap and easy to produce. None can reach over a hundred feet, 30 meters. Look at www.crowderfarm.com, webcams->camera 1, on the left side is an example of a 6x1watt IR Illuminator like the one pictured... It is a nice spot light for the walk way.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not post pictures publicly because I have an issue with a neighbor who is extreme. He is the kind of person who would stumble upon my public pictures and would see what blindspots if any my cameras have. The guy has mental issues. Sorry, I'm not the ebay seller, detective. I have other posts around here where I've asked people to PM me to see pictures if they wanted.

Anyway, I don't care, I was just trying to help people who are looking for a cheap IR illuminator that works damn good for what it costs.
The IR does go well over 100 feet, and much further, it's too much IR for what I really needed actually. I've PM'd pictures to about 5 people I believe. If anyone wants to speak up for how far it looks from images, that's fine. But I know it shots very very far.

I'll measure tonight from where the IR is monted to the end of my driveway and see how far it is, then beyond that is atleast another 50 feet that the IR hits.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not post pictures publicly because I have an issue with a neighbor who is extreme. He is the kind of person who would stumble upon my public pictures and would see what blindspots if any my cameras have. The guy has mental issues. Sorry, I'm not the ebay seller, detective. I have other posts around here where I've asked people to PM me to see pictures if they wanted.

Anyway, I don't care, I was just trying to help people who are looking for a cheap IR illuminator that works damn good for what it costs.
The IR does go well over 100 feet, and much further, it's too much IR for what I really needed actually. I've PM'd pictures to about 5 people I believe. If anyone wants to speak up for how far it looks from images, that's fine. But I know it shots very very far.

I'll measure tonight from where the IR is monted to the end of my driveway and see how far it is, then beyond that is atleast another 50 feet that the IR hits.
Apologize, and understand. Thanks for the pictures, looks like you have a sweet setup...

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why do people still bother with this junk ?
Might be cheap but it wont last and when it fails late at night that`s when the bad guys will visit !
The power ratings are usually bogus so are the beam-widths and optical frequencies.
And that's not even going into the poor driver design and lack of IP ratings.

Its going to set fire to your Christmas tree as well !

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
$47 is not cheap but, the quality of that unit is.
I wouldn't pay more than $20 for that.
The truth is they don't last long.
If you need more light do it right, not on the cheap.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'd be surprised if you say the pics, bah hum bug ;)