Want to try a hikvision camera

rokito

n3wb
Reaction score
I've never used a hikvision camera, I would like to try one out. What would be a good indoor camera with decent night vision? For in my garage. I have power and network cable so wifi and poe are not a big deal.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would do one of the turrets, they have fewer issues with spider webs than the bullets. The model is DS-2CD3332. They are outdoor cameras, but work well and not terribly expensive. I have 6 installed outside and have been happy with them.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
$93 for a 30 megapixel camera? I'm in.

But, yeah, it's a good price for that turret.

The cube is good. Is more expensive, but has PIR for better motion detection if desired, and also an SD slot, plus wireless (not relevant to OP).

I wouldn't say the speaker is worth a damn on mine, though. Having a two way conversation is impossible. Too much feedback and lag and nonsense, but I am very happy with my cube otherwise.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i use two 2132's in my garage and they work great. there is no light bleed with the IR like i have seen folks mention and post about with the turrets. This may have been related to people adjusting the lens axis while not ensuring the lens sealed to the globe properly allowing the light to reflect/bleed. I will admit i have not adjusted any of the axis from the factory. i mounted them under ceiling joists, rotated the whole housing to where I wanted it and mounted it and replaced the globe. They sit under a pseudo mezzanine and they have worked as advertised. Very effective. I think they are what like ~60 via aliexpress, ~105 via amazon? I have decent access for running cable, especially when it comes to the garage so I opted for another camera and vantage point vs a more expensive single camera solution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Lebeter, i think you mean ir reflection that's associated with domes...turrets do not have that issue..the turrets also have the best ir...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, sorry I did mean dome. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by the turrets having the best IR? Is this based on particular turrets having more powerful IR LED's, more in a given arrangement, less refraction of light creating a more directed light vs the globe's curvature? just seemed like a generalized statement.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
To clarify, I should have specified, among the hikvision dome and turret style camera, the turret has the best ir, because it uses the EXIR vs the led array..I have seen pictures side by side and the turret is best...not by a large amount though...I dont have any of the turrets installed but i have installed the dahua turret style camera and noticed that i dont seem to have issues with spider webs because the led is separated from the lens...It may be a coincidence though..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 12 turrets to install this weekend. I will let you know my opinion of the Hik 2332 turrets.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah not trying to turn this into a bullet vs dome debate, they both have their application. i have some eve mounted dahua bullets and i occasionally get spiders. its something i'm sure that could be remedied with repellent, but it happens so rarely and they go away that its not a big deal. they usually dangle from a web or walk on the lens but thats it. i'm sure part of it is they give off heat.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can wipe or spray citronella oil around the can as repellant.