Warm enough for ya?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
This is my project for the weekend. Tried getting the enclosed cab with AC....all rented out. So, been working dirt in the early mornings and early evenings when the temp has dropped. I finally finished the grade on my front yard. It has been a multi year project. Now to finish raising rebuilding part of my farm lane and raising it about 1 foot for about 250 foot.

CarPort.20220702_123000263.jpgDeck.20220702_123352202.jpg

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Currently 92.7F, 63% humidity, dew point of 78 and a heat index of 108 here in the Great Garden State.
I would expect nothing less for your area. My grandparents lived in Jersey and I remember going there as a kid back in the 70's and couldn't believe how hot it was there during the summer.

Reaction score
I live in San Antonio...just hook a left at hell's gate and you are there. Hot? Oh hell yes. Humid? Oh shit yes. I do all my work during the morning or during the evening. I flushed my radiator the other day at around noon...omg...I thought Elvis was walking up my drive way!

Stay cool and stay hydrated. I agree though about the snow....I just don't like cold weather any longer.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Our neighbors had a friend visiting from Maine last week. I told him if he comes back down in January he might have to bring a long sleeve shirt.,
I’m from Michigan and have a few really good friends in Texas. We try to get down there once a year. They are all from the DFW area, the humidity there doesn’t seem near as bad as up here. I’d take 90’s there over 90’s here just due to the humidity.

I’ve spent a lot of time in the summers in West Texas, in the Lubbock area. Every time I have been there the temp has never been under 100, usually closer to 110. I loved it over there, at least the times I’ve been there there was absolutely no humidity. The last time I was there one day it was 115, didn’t phase me one bit. I got home and it was 75, with 98% humidity. I almost died. The 115 in Justiceburg was way better than the 75 we had here.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Low 90s here at mid-day - it's a blessing, actually. This particular frogge detests summer heat, and stays mostly indoors during June/July/August.
The 90 degree weather a few weeks ago didn't bother me in the piedmont area, as the humidity seemed low and took a bit of work to start sweating, but now its too high for me, just walking out the mailbox, I start sweating :mad:.

Reaction score
I’m from Michigan and have a few really good friends in Texas. We try to get down there once a year. They are all from the DFW area, the humidity there doesn’t seem near as bad as up here. I’d take 90’s there over 90’s here just due to the humidity.

I’ve spent a lot of time in the summers in West Texas, in the Lubbock area. Every time I have been there the temp has never been under 100, usually closer to 110. I loved it over there, at least the times I’ve been there there was absolutely no humidity. The last time I was there one day it was 115, didn’t phase me one bit. I got home and it was 75, with 98% humidity. I almost died. The 115 in Justiceburg was way better than the 75 we had here.
I was born and raised in Lubbock Tx. Mac Davis had it right...but he made a mistake and went back. :) One grandmother lived in Peyote Texas (between Monahans and Pecos) and the other grandparents lived in Corpus. I use to alternate summers living with each of them. ABSOLUTELY LOVED BOTH WORLDS. But West Texas...OMG....112 easily in the summer heat....but little to NO humidity. But it was kind of like Australia, everything there was trying to hurt or kill me. That was the best part...a boy with his canteen, hat, boots and Daisy BB gun. God, I had so much fun. And there was this BIG ASS POOL in the middle of no where there. LOVED IT.

Corpus on the extreme opposite of the scale...lush greenery, fishing, ocean, just a damn hoot. Great childhood.

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Last year our area declared a so called drought which hasn’t been seen or done for more than a hundred years. It was hot as balls and can attest it was dry as a bone here.

Our summers are short but intense . . .

Like others if it’s the dry heat I’m OK. If it’s the wet (humid) heat it’s truly unbearable! The UV is extremely high out here even in the dead of winter when the mercury breaks -45 ~ -55’C!

We average 25-30’C normally but the last two years it’s been weeks of 40-49’C?!?!

IMG_0479.jpg