Warning ! BI update 5.8.0.11 will corrupt your database and will lose alerts.

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to revert back to a known stable version STAT and wait before upgrading STAT. Problem solved.

Don't appreciate the snark!

As to reverting, I also tried that and got "the service and console versions must match" although I have always clicked the "save the previous version" and there are none saved (not by BI Tools either). So that's broken too.

As to the "wait before upgrading" .. we have been getting "updates" several times per week lately and this happens. So, thanks for reminding me NOT to renew maintenance when it expires in a few months if this is the response I'll get!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't appreciate the snark!

As to reverting, I also tried that and got "the service and console versions must match" although I have always clicked the "save the previous version" and there are none saved (not by BI Tools either). So that's broken too.

As to the "wait before upgrading" .. we have been getting "updates" several times per week lately and this happens. So, thanks for reminding me NOT to renew maintenance when it expires in a few months if this is the response I'll get!
You have been getting updates? You must have foolishly left auto update on. There is a reason why there is a forked update option. Stable and latest. Take a guess at which one is stable and which is beta....
Dont need you to appreciate it....BIT is an independent app not related to blue iris. I could care less if you renew, makes no difference to me either way. Ditch blue iris totally and use another vms. Wont matter to me, not sure why you think I care....
Dont like the response you get on a free user forum, then leave.

Last edited:

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
You have been getting updates? You must have foolishly left auto update on. There is a reason why there is a forked update option. Stable and latest. Take a guess at which one is stable and which is beta....
Dont need you to appreciate it....BIT is an independent app not related to blue iris. I could care less if you renew, makes no difference to me either way. Ditch blue iris totally and use another vms. Wont matter to me.
Auto-Update has never been ON. Looking at it right now, and it hasn't been changed, it says "NO automatic updates."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Auto-Update has never been ON. Looking at it right now, and it hasn't been changed, it says "NO automatic updates."
Then you installed the update knowing it was unstable...guess you are to blame...why would you decide to beta test a production system?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It stated NOTHING about "beta update."
Sure does. One option states it is stable or critical and the other is latest available. What do you think that means? By definition its not stable. This is the problem with Blue iris. The developer assumes the user has an iq over 80 and has basic common sense. This is a mistake. Perhaps you should write him to add this to the system requirements.

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
Sure does. One option states it is stable or critical and the other is latest available. What do you think that means? By definition its not stable. This is the problem with Blue iris. The developer assumes the user has an iq over 80 and has basic common sense. This is a mistake. Perhaps you should write him to add this to the system requirements.

Again. I don't appreciate the snark but whatever ..

Obviously, I'll have to wait until whatever caused the Alerts to stop is fixed. It's not even related to .14, or as a previous poster said ".12" because it was working fine until 2 days ago and I updated to .14 on or around the 1st, 10 days ago.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Again. I don't appreciate the snark but whatever ..

Obviously, I'll have to wait until whatever caused the Alerts to stop is fixed. It's not even related to .14, or as a previous poster said ".12" because it was working fine until 2 days ago and I updated to .14 on or around the 1st, 10 days ago.
I dont need your appreciation...the joy I get from it is worth it...

Yes just wait. The developer will get a magic signal from your computer and know exactly what is wrong so he can address it.....

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
5.8.0.14 just stopped all of my alerts so it's either NOT been fixed as of .12 or it's broken again.
I'm running 5.8.0.14 (I like to live dangerously!) , with no issues with alerts. I did have the issue with 5.8.0.11 and blew away everything in the db folder of blue iris. I also blew away all my video, alerts, etc folders for good measure but is likely overkill.

I would just blow away the db files and see if your alerts start coming in. My thought is your database is still corrupted from 5.8.0.11 and you never fixed the corruption. No idea of you were ever running 5.8.0.11 but I suspect you were. Either that, or your issue is unrelated/different.

I don't use Blue Iris for anything other than my home surveillance and I'm not sentimental about the data so take my advice with a warning that I am not responsible for lost data due to doing this.

FYI, in case you are unaware, this forum is not affiliated with the Blue Iris developer. If you need/want support, email the developer. In Settings > About > Get support will be the instructions on who and what to email for support from the developer of Blue Iris.

scoob8000

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm running 5.8.0.14 (I like to live dangerously!) , with no issues with alerts. I did have the issue with 5.8.0.11 and blew away everything in the db folder of blue iris. I also blew away all my video, alerts, etc folders for good measure but is likely overkill.

I would just blow away the db files and see if your alerts start coming in. My thought is your database is still corrupted from 5.8.0.11 and you never fixed the corruption. No idea of you were ever running 5.8.0.11 but I suspect you were. Either that, or your issue is unrelated/different.
Agreed. I've been on .14 for nearly a week with no issues. I did skip .11 after seeing this post however.

I'm an update junkie too but I'll usually wait a couple days to see what folks here are saying about the current latest release.