Watchdog Alerts not working

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have one camera that I've been having issues with "No Signal". So, I wanted to set up a Watchdog Alert push notification when that happens. However, I can't get it to work. I do have Motion Alert push notifications working fine on another camera, but can't seem to figure out the Watchdog alerts on this camera. Last night it went down and produced "No Signal" all night but no push notification was received. I've attached screenshots of the camera settings for Watchdog. Action is set for "On Loss of Signal". Note that I don't have anything set up under the Alerts tab, since that seems redundant and only for triggered alerts (like with my other camera set up for motion alerts).

I did review the BI help file for Watchdog Alerts, but it did not help me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Attachments

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I did. Didn't help. I reached out to BI support so hopefully they can assist.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you turn on the Push notifications in the main BI Settings page under mobile devices? And do you have the Blue Iris paid app on the phone and set to run in background? It will not work otherwise...

What about having it send you a text message instead?

Last edited:

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like I said, I have motion push alerts set on another camera and it works fine. Just having issues with watchdog alerts specifically.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI manual does state that sometimes not all types of notifications will work based on a setup or camera or phone,

From the manual pdf...
Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience

I have noticed a few things that don't work from the alerts. Maybe this is one of those instances with yours?

And maybe try the old reboot the computer and if that didn't work then remove and add the camera trick!

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to BI Support, I got it fixed. I set the Trigger source to "Extern" in the Action Set Push Notification and now it works. I also made sure the number of timeouts to fire alerts was less than the number to restart or reboot the camera. I don't know if that had an impact, but I wasn't sure if restarting or rebooting the camera was resetting the Loss of Signal counter.