Ways to view (Hikvision) IP cameras on a remote TV?

Reaction score
I have a restaurant/bar with about 10 Hikvision IP cameras and Hikvision NVR (DS-7716).

I want to mount a TV in the back of the bar permanently showing 4 of the cameras,
so the bartenders can see them.

If I had to, I could run a VGA or HDMI cable from the NVR to the bar. But...

I think a $40 Chromecast or Amazon FireStick could be perfect for this setup. I was first thinking the Chromecast/Firestick just views the NVRs webpage. (Kindof a pain to always log in, though, since the remote is far from a keyboard.)

My question for you guys: Does anyone run a setup like this? Can you explain how it's setup? Do you just view the NVR/Camera webpage? Or is there an app (TinyCam Pro, etc.) that you use?

Thanks in advance.

mauzer

n3wb
Reaction score
Do this, much better way of spending $40. Yes it's a faff but it's a better setup.

HDMI and 1920x1080 is preferable.
I need to accomplish the similar setup but distance from NVR and TV is about 30 meters. Can this be done with HDMI also?

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need to accomplish the similar setup but distance from NVR and TV is about 30 meters. Can this be done with HDMI also?

I actually ran my Video feed from the third floor of my house to the back second floor on the kitchen TV using HDMI over cat5 basically

the video goes like this NVR to little amplifier out to HDMI wall plate ran two cat5e cables about 60 ft to the back of the second cdmi wall plate and a cdmi cable to the tv works like a charm.

Monoprice carries the hdmi over cat6 plates

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can get 30m HDMI leads but it's hit or miss. Anything above 15m you can start to have issues. Only way is to try but keep it as short as possible (run a bit of string and measure the length).