We have new software & a new theme!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a new software and new theme!! There are some minor glitches remaining that I am still working on. If you notice anything, please report it here.

Known Issue:
  • "Thanks" not imported yet - DONE
  • Media from previous site isn't embedded properly (YouTube, etc.) - DONE
  • Hik pw reset page issues - FIXED

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
PM's are called conversations in the new software.
upload_2016-11-5_2-32-36.png

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't find Quick Links dropdown where I used to find my subscribed threads link. Also, there was a link where I could see all the most recent updates to all threads across the boards.I find these to be very useful.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Can't find Quick Links dropdown where I used to find my subscribed threads link. Also, there was a link where I could see all the most recent updates to all threads across the boards.I find these to be very useful.
All of the features from the old software are on the new software. To access your subscribed threads, click this:
upload_2016-11-5_2-56-43.png
Subscribed threads are now called Watched Threads.

PM's are now called Conversations.

To see all new posts on the forum, click this
upload_2016-11-5_2-57-48.png

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Youtube links seem broken for me now after forum update.
Using ipad, so could be local problem.

Edit to add something usefull the video should be setup like:

media=youtube]oHg5SJYRHA0[/media (with opening and closing [ ] signs

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
At the bottom of a thread - Next thread / Previous thread is no longer there. One of the more useful navigators.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
In the list of threads - the chevron-like link that was at the far right of each thread 'Go to last post' is no longer there and I can see no equivalent.

*edit*
Maybe the 'Latest:' at the far right is the equivalent.

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This new forum software seriously sucks. What was wrong with the old system?

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
The spammers seem to like it... the typing bug I was experiencing in the reply box is fixed with this software. :)

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A work in progress for sure, will take a little time to learn how to get around.

Tons of spam right now....

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This new forum software seriously sucks. What was wrong with the old system?
There was TONS of things wrong w/ the old software....30-60 e-mails a day saying the dbase has crashed, multiple users reporting they couldnt type spaces, it wasnt responsive, you couldn't easily upload pictures to threads / messages, it was slow, clunky and designed over 6 years ago. This software is by FAR the best forum software out there. It may take a little while to get used to but it blows away the old system.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nice job Mike. This is my favorite platform. One by one, most of the other forums I visit regularly have converted over to XenForo. I love the edit-on-the-fly w/o refresh. So much more intuitive and modern. I think I'm going to double what I'm paying for access now :)

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job Mike. This is my favorite platform. One by one, most of the other forums I visit regularly have converted over to XenForo. I love the edit-on-the-fly w/o refresh. So much more intuitive and modern. I think I'm going to double what I'm paying for access now :)
Thanks @erkme73 , I appreciate that. vBulletin died several years ago, slowly but surely everyone is converting to XF. XF is lightyears ahead of any other forum software out there and is by far the most powerful solution available. Everyone will notice, things like dragging and dropping images to upload them, the responsive theme, the more modern platform, etc. vBulletin is stuck in the early 2000's while XF is future-proof. I realize there are bugs and little things here and there to change, but I am dedicated to IPCT and always will be, so I will constantly be improving the site.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm starting to get the hang of the new forum ... still learning to navigate. It seemed weird at first, but I like it :)