Weather Overlay image doubled / ghosted

DRLaff

n3wb
Reaction score
My issue may be similar to the post thread "Cannot remove Macro Overlay ", but that is old and NOT exactly what I have going on.

I use the BIT Weather overlay and have used different macro #s as suggested in the thread I referenced. But, everything I've tried fails (so far). I create the overlay and add it to a camera (cam name is 'Data'). If I leave it alone the point size is 2, and way to small to read. If I simply (no other changes) return to the overlay settings in Blue Iris and change the text size to a larger number, 20 in my example, when save everything and look at the camera it shows two copies of the weather text. Neither one is the tiny 2 points version, but rather shows two larger versions of different sizes in different positions.

Anyone else who can give me a hint as to the cause and hopeful resolution? THANKS!

David
Annotation 2020-01-31 123126.png

DRLaff

n3wb
Reaction score
Additional Info: I just discovered the issue resolves if I change the Device Type to "Screen Capture". It returns with any of the other three settings (USB..., Network IP, or Broadcast from...). This is fine for me as this is a "Dummy" cam anyway just for showing the weather data. I guess this makes this a BI issue vs. a BIT issue. But, I would still like to be able to use macros properly on top of real cams.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like there are macros that are on top of each other

DRLaff

n3wb
Reaction score
Agree that is the way it "looks", but I'm 100% sure there are not. That is supported by the fact that a simple switch to "Screen Capture" mode clears the problem. Then if I return to one of the other three modes the ghost returns. This with NO other changes.