Web Browser DVR access

robbie.kk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've trying to view a live stream of my system on a Web Browser. I've logged into my account, but I'm not able to view any streams However, when I click on Video Detection, I can see a live feed. When I try to access the full set of live streams, I receive the following message - There is no remote setting authority, please open in the management of device end user'

I've tried port forwarding, but I don't think this is the probem?

I not sure what this exactly means - I've spent hours searching the web and reviewing the setting on my DVR.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rob

1644583769083.png

Last edited:

robbie.kk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I have no password set on the DVR. Well I don't think I have one set. I go into the DVR player and leave the password field blank when I access it. Is there a default password for the Web. It's a cheap run of the mill DVR - VIPER HYBRID 16 Chan - Model BH116-H

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I have seen DVR's that, by default, logs in as a limited privilege user. For escalated permissions, you need to log in as an admin-type user. It seems like this might still be a possible condition you are experiencing.

google search revealed a manual, but I am a bit hesitant as it does not have any make/model references in it specific to what you have.

However... do you have the following pages in your GUI: Click Start--> Settings-->Account and Authority--> Account--> Edit User ??

edit: possible useful link: accounts & permission management starts on pg 81

Last edited:

robbie.kk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I don't have those exact settings, but I do have an option for remote, which is ticked. It's real pain! I'm trying to add 2 Swann Swifi-PTCAM2 IP Camera's to my DVR - everytime I search they're not listed. I read that you need to add them via the Browser, hence trying that route.

I'm confused - I have another IP camera attached - set up in about 30 seconds!

I'd really appreciate it If anyone can give me any tips or soltuions?

Rob

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
In your OP, you mentioned the issue as not being able to access the live stream of cameras currently set-up and connected to the DVR. Based on the error message you shared, "There is no remote setting authority, please open in the management of device end user". Have you tried accessing the individual camera GUIs via their IP address to see what the local camera settings are in regards to view permissions?

robbie.kk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I've looked and I can find an permissions to change that would enable remote viewing.

All I want to do is add the2 Swann Swifi-PTCAM2 IP Camera's to my DVR - would you be able help with this? I've followed guidance (from various websites), but without success. I've tested my connection via VLC, but when I enter the details of the camera, but I can't see them?

Last edited:

robbie.kk1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back me. I have the app and I can see both camera’s via the app. What I‘m trying to do is view all my camera’s in one location. I’ve already added 1 IP Camera to my DVR - really easy and took only 30 seconds.

The information I’ve read suggests that I need to add the Swann Camera’s via RSTP. But, this can only be done via the browser I’ve tried via the DVR and it can’t locate them on the network. Below is something I found on the net.

Attachments

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back me. I have the app and I can see both camera’s via the app. What I‘m trying to do is view all my camera’s in one location. I’ve already added 1 IP Camera to my DVR - really easy and took only 30 seconds.
Was that a Swifi-PTCAM2? If not, what make/model is it?

The information I’ve read suggests that I need to add the Swann Camera’s via RSTP. But, this can only be done via the browser I’ve tried via the DVR and it can’t locate them on the network. Below is something I found on the net.
You already mentioned you were unsuccessful in trying to view the Swifi-PTCAM2 via RTSP using VLC. I would continue focusing efforts gaining RTSP access via VLC. Once you determine the correct URL, you can then work on getting it to work on your DVR. Consider trying some of the other suggested URL's from the SWANN list at ispyconnect, despite them being from other models.