web interface works withot NACL plugin with new firmware

abo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have added few new IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE cams to my system.
The web interface of the models made after 06-2019 works perfectly without NACL plugin.
The web interface of the same models made 10-2018 works only with the NACL plugin.
According their spec sheets there isn't any hardware difference between these models.
I've upgraded their firmware to the latest version via their web interface and they have not updated their firmware to the same version:
The firmware version of the model manufactured at 06-2019 is: 2.800.0000008.0.R.190619
The firmware version of model manufactured at 10-2018 is: 2.622.0000000.31.R.

The model manufactured at 10-2018 say "it has the latest version" although it has an older firmware than the other model and I can not find where to download the latest firmware.

What do you think are there any hardware differences between these models?
Is it possible to upgrade the firmware of the older model to the newer version?

Reaction score
I saw your post and figured I'd check to see if my camera web interface worked in Chrome. Sure enough it does! I recently updated the firmware of my IPC-HDW5231R-Z from 2016 to V2.800.0000008.0.R via the web interface, which was telling me an update was available. There's hope you'll get a firmware update that'll enable the non-plugin web interface.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it possible to download the firmware from the official Dahua hompage?
As a Dahua reseller, Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) gets newer versions of the firmware directly from Dahua support. I've never seen where these versions are available directly to end-users via Dahua's website.

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a newer NVR firmware that does the same thing, eliminating the plugin for chrome?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a few Dahua cams new enough to do video playback without a plugin. Sort of. It seems really unreliable at this point. But it is a step in the right direction.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a newer NVR firmware that does the same thing, eliminating the plugin for chrome?
For some Dahua models, see below:
Big update!! NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.000.0000000.0.R.20190713

I don't have a NVR so I've never tried that. For the Dahua cameras I agree with @bp2008 -- it's a step in the right direction but still an early step... sometimes things have been glitchy sometimes for me too (on the camera firmware when accessing via a web browser w/o the plugin).

I'd definitely suggest to anyone looking to try the "no plugin" firmwares that they read the threads and make sure other folks aren't having any major problems before upgrading themselves.