Web Interface

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision 7604NI-E1-4P Nvr and mainly use the web interface to view/playback my cameras.

The Nvr is set up for continuous record but i also use motion to help indicate any activity.
I have set up motion but for some reason the red lines no longer appear under the timebar where they used to when motion has been activated.

Where am i going wrong please?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have set up motion but for some reason the red lines no longer appear under the timebar where they used to when motion has been activated.
Are you saying that you used to see both the blue (continuous) line and the red lines together on Playback?
My understanding is that you need all these for both to appear:
Firmware 3.4.80 or later.
Playback in single-camera matrix view mode, playback started, select the 'Motion' selector icon in the drop-down that's to the right of the matrix view mode at the bottom left of the screen.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that is what i am saying.

I had this working fine yesterday morning but i've played around with the setting and now longer get the red lines.

The red lines are still there from yesterday morning but none since i've changed the settings.

Also is it the camera settings or the nvr settings that set how motion works?

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you saying that you used to see both the blue (continuous) line and the red lines together on Playback?
My understanding is that you need all these for both to appear:
Firmware 3.4.80 or later.
Playback in single-camera matrix view mode, playback started, select the 'Motion' selector icon in the drop-down that's to the right of the matrix view mode at the bottom left of the screen.
I have the latest firmware for my DS-7608NI/8P, 3.4.90 and I don't have this button on the bottom left.

I'm confused...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I must have been tired last night and looking at the live feed. It's there for playback.. :oops:
It doesn't seem a wide selection, i.e. it doesn't have face detection which is set up on one of my cams.