WEB server display customisation

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
In my home configuration of BI4, I have a monitor that is situated in portrait orientation instead of the "normal" landscape orientation. In portrait mode, the images are shrunken as the UI take a lot of the side space. Also I would like to "stack" a number of feeds instead of the feeds appearing in a quadrature manner. I have tried to gleam how to do this by reading the documentation but the documentation is unclear ( or maybe I am missing something)
Any advice?
thank-you

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

You can edit the frame size of any group camera stream to better fit your specific needs.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you need multiple layouts, you'll need to create multiple camera groups and change the frame size of each one differently.

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
HI there,
This setting works fine if one is using the actual BI4 computer; it does not seem to adjust the webpage interface (sorry that I wasn't clear about using the web instead of console interface)
Is there a way to set the webpage to behave the same way?
THANKS
T

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That settings affects the web interface, not the local console. I don't know what you are talking about.

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
HI, apologies about my inexperience.
Screenshot of console interface :
\

console.jpg

screenshot of browser webpage

webpage.jpg

Maybe I'm doing something really dumb but I would like to access the BI4 computer remotely on a computer with the portrait monitor.
thanks for your patience

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank -you!
that seemed to do the trick.
Last question: I will have another6 cameras going onstream. Is that setting ok for that?

AND how can I repay you for your help?

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
CAn I assume that each camera group can display differently? So the portrait monitors can be thus and conventional landscape monitors can use the original setting?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No repayment needed! When you have a total of 10 cameras, consider a resolution of about 768 x 2160. Assuming they are all 16:9 aspect ratio, this would allow them to arrange into a perfect grid of 2x5 cameras.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can create as many camera groups as you want and configure each of them with a different frame size. So you can have a different group for portrait view and for landscape.

Reactions: Wen

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No repayment needed! When you have a total of 10 cameras, consider a resolution of about 768 x 2160. Assuming they are all 16:9 aspect ratio, this would allow them to arrange into a perfect grid of 2x5 cameras.
It occurs to me that the resolution I quoted here is only for a 1x5 grid. For a 2x5 grid, you would need to double that width, so 1536 x 2160. Depending on your display resolution it might be more efficient to go with something a little lower resolution like 1354 x 1904 or 1206 x 1696.

TGB

n3wb
Reaction score
HI BP2008 /Fenderman

I am looking to find somebody to help with configuring my setup. I have tried sending a request to ipcamtalk but have not reply

Here's what I am looking for
Hardware configuration:
Single computer win 10
Intel core 5 / 16 G ram
3 drives
C; 500G - contains OS & Blue Iris
Q: 1T - system backups
M: 8T - to contain video files
Optical Drive
4 port Intel NIC installed / 1 MB port all 1000's
3 physical networks / three network switches
8 POE cameras with future of 3 more cameras

1:
All cameras video motion triggered
All cameras to have their video stored on M: on dedicated folders per camera
pretrigger video recording of 5sec
video recording time of 3 minutes for each sequence
capture to capacity of video drive then delete oldest video files FIFO
I would like at least 4 days worth of recordings in the archive at any point in time, if that is possible
2:
setup 3 new users for internal web access
User 1 to have outdoor cameras on main page
User 2 to have indoor cameras on main page
User 3 to have only front door camera on main page

access via teamviewer or VNC port redirect to computer: note the computer is not normally connected to the internet, I will need to be present during the work to connect and disconnect internet access

Can you please tell me who I can engage or send me a quote for the above scope of 2 work items.
THanks
Terry