web setup controls for HFW5231EP-Z blocked by ipc live view

CrazyUser

n3wb
Reaction score
Got my Dahua IPC-HFW5231EP-Z from Andy today - awesome delivery in 7 days, including weekend and July 4 holiday! Very happy dealing with Andy and will continue doing so.

I connected via IE on my windows 10 notebook, via an POE switch, to the camera. Get the web interface at the default camera IP 192.168.1.108 and things look to be working!

BUT in trying to configure the camera via the web interface (synched time to notebook) I keep having a problem where the web interface commands get obscured by a live view of the camera (cut and pasted the IE screen below). So cant really properly configure the camera with the live view overset on the control window. Searched here and on the internet but not finding anything on this, so being impatient I thought I would ask if others have had this problem?
upload_2017-7-10_20-3-16.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got my Dahua IPC-HFW5231EP-Z from Andy today - awesome delivery in 7 days, including weekend and July 4 holiday! Very happy dealing with Andy and will continue doing so.

I connected via IE on my windows 10 notebook, via an POE switch, to the camera. Get the web interface at the default camera IP 192.168.1.108 and things look to be working!

BUT in trying to configure the camera via the web interface (synched time to notebook) I keep having a problem where the web interface commands get obscured by a live view of the camera (cut and pasted the IE screen below). So cant really properly configure the camera with the live view overset on the control window. Searched here and on the internet but not finding anything on this, so being impatient I thought I would ask if others have had this problem?
View attachment 19995
check your windows settings and ensure that you dont have the display set to 125%...

CrazyUser

n3wb
Reaction score
check your windows settings and ensure that you dont have the display set to 125%...
Thanks for the input fenderman. I did check that, was at 100% even tried other settings but the display was off (showing live video but overlaying live camera images on top of the standard web i/f gui. This is for IE 11 as many forum posts recommended using IE vice other browsers. I didn't get the window adjust bar at the lower left of the screen in the web I/F, so something definitely off with this version of IE on my win 10 notebook.

I RESOLVED this by using my standard chrome browser, installed the NACL web plug-in app, and using that app, get the web interface to work correctly. Go figure....

Great night images from this camera, thanks to this forum (nayr's sticky post on Dahau 2Mpixel starlight cameras) for steering me towards this camera! Night now (but moon low on horizon and other ambient light, not enough to see anything well without IR leds on), with this cameras IR leds on - an image of my backyard pool area zoomed all the way to ~12mm.
upload_2017-7-10_22-23-34.png