Web View grainy?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I login to my BI server via Firefox and/or IE and the video pictures are insanely grainy, even with the activeX plug in installed in IE its still super grainy... is this normal?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I login to my BI server via Firefox and/or IE and the video pictures are insanely grainy, even with the activeX plug in installed in IE its still super grainy... is this normal?
In the webserver tab there are 3 encoder profiles, 0,1,2....0 is the default for the webserver but you can right click on the image and change to other profiles..you need to increase the max bitrate in the profile you intend to use...bump it to at least 2048...the default is 512k with is insufficient. The mobile app also lets you choose an encoder profile..so you might want to set one low, medium and high...and use the lower bitrates when you will be doing lots of viewing and dont want to waste cellular data..

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that helped a bit, but the 4 up view is still grainy, when I click on the individual camera, its gorgeous tho.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can increase the resolution of the all camera view. In Blue Iris below the camera windows there are a bunch of buttons and a dropdown box. Choose All Cameras in the dropdown box then click the gear icon just below it. This brings up a dialog box where you can increase the resolution. I recommend you set it to 1920x1080 or so.