Webcasting with Blue Iris and Hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS - Audio / Video issues

LambWatch

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wanting to setup a Windows Media webcast using Blue Iris with my IP hikvision DS-2CD2532F-IS.

Everything seems to be working fine on a "Video only" webcast setting, however, when I do "Audio and Video" webcast under the Windows Media settings, it works for a short while (from the webcast end) and then the Video stream ceases. THe audio stream seems to continue however.

In the actual Blue Iris side of things, it continues fine.

Sometimes after this point, if I restart the cameras, they refuse to restart and I have to "End Task" and reboot the BI software to get them back again.

"Video only" webcast seems to work fine.

I must have tried a billion different settings here and still don't seem to be getting anywhere. I just can't seem to figure out why the "Audio and Video" webcasts die after a short time.

URLs to my IP camera I'm using are:

IPADDRESS/Streaming/Channels/2

But I have also tried various other ones.

Also, on a side note, but potentially related, what's the difference between the Main Stream and the Sub stream? I can see that generally the settings for the sub stream are inferior to the Main Stream. What's the purpose of the sub stream?

Thanks!

Daniel

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@LambWath Welcome to the forum..not sure what is causing your audio problems..but with respect to your second question, most ip cameras can broadcast two or more streams simultaneously...the substream allows you to save bandwidth when streaming to a mobile device....this is generally used when streaming direct from the camera to a mobile device...since you are using blue iris you just need to pull the main stream and BI will send a reduced stream if you limit the bandwidth...
What are you using the webcasting for?

LambWatch

n3wb
Reaction score
@LambWath Welcome to the forum..not sure what is causing your audio problems..but with respect to your second question, most ip cameras can broadcast two or more streams simultaneously...the substream allows you to save bandwidth when streaming to a mobile device....this is generally used when streaming direct from the camera to a mobile device...since you are using blue iris you just need to pull the main stream and BI will send a reduced stream if you limit the bandwidth...
What are you using the webcasting for?
Thanks for your reply fenderman! I thought it maybe something to do with that. The reason I am using the webcast is so I can stream my cams over the internet using 'camstreams' (Webcams Streaming Live & Free on Camstreams) and they require the webcast to pull the stream into their system.

camstreams don't support the rtsp protocol so they told me to use this webcast function in BI.

One of my cams on camstreams is LambWatch Channel 2 - a Webcam in Earby, Lancashire, UK, Streaming on Camstreams

As you can see the video stream is basically not streaming however the audio is streaming. Camstreams said to try a different encoder in BI such as WMP 9 but when I choose WMP9 in the options it just reverts back to 8.

also having set up the webcast I can't seem to access it locally by entering the URL http://local host:6703 (6703 is the pull port on the webcast)

so I'm a bit flummoxed really!

Ive ve tried using main and sub streams and both exhibit same
problem. Bi is running in windows 7 64 bit.

interestingly the audio and video webcast does work (via camstreams url) for between 3 and say 10 mins) before giving up! After the video stops on camstreams, it does however continue on BI, although when I restart the camera, it crashes then.

weird huh!?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah...i dont use the webcast function so I dont really know what the issue can be...try emailing support...hopefully he can iron it out...

LambWatch

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah...i dont use the webcast function so I dont really know what the issue can be...try emailing support...hopefully he can iron it out...
Thanks fenderman. I emailed Ken a few days ago and got a brief reply requesting more info. I did reply with additional info it not heard back from him since :)

We shall see :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you need to follow up..hes a one man shop....

LambWatch

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update to this thread. This issue looks like it's been fixed in the latest version of Blue Iris. Well done Ken! :joyous::joyous::joyous: