Webserver Issue Using Multiple Network Cards

Bryan M

n3wb
Reaction score
I am unable to browse the Webserver on my local LAN because it is not bound to my primary network card interface. I have multiple network cards. My primary internet connected subnet is 192.168.0.5 My second subnet is for POE cameras on a second NIC & switch at 192.168.1.1 In the Webserver config tab the network interface dropdown selection will only show 192.168.1.1 and not my primary NIC. I don't route traffic through my PC to the NIC with the cameras on it for security reasons. Why does BI not see the primary NIC in the dropdown so I can bind to that one instead?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1)Please provide screen shots of the Windows nic configurations.
2) what version of windows
3)what version of BI

Vini

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive faced similar issues, and after a series of reboots/time, I am able to select the correct NICS. I am unsure what is causing this though.

I wonder if there's a config file you could try manually tweaking to the right IP? (and/or if that would actually work)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the second nic 192.168.1.1 set to static ? If you are not using IVP6 turn it off.

I think part of the problem is that the static camera nic is ethernet #4. While the actual NIC is ethernet 6.

Not sure Try this , turn off/disable ethernet 4 and reboot. Set up BI ethernet. reenable 4 and reboot .

Bryan M

n3wb
Reaction score
After much trial and error, I think this is a hardware problem. If I disable the two network ports on my additional NIC and just use the onboard motherboard NIC everything works fine after a reboot. If I enable the additional NIC and reboot, the Webserver does not work. Then if I go in and disable and re-enable a port on the added NIC everything works. This would be fine until Windows does an update and my PC reboots, once that happens I would have to disable and re-enable a port on the added NIC to get the Webserver running again. I think at this point I am going to get another NIC (an Intel model) and see what the results are.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
That is strange, I have dual NICs, well I have 3 and they all appear in the drop down for me. I have my main NIC that is connected to my home network set as DHCP but have a reservation on my router so it always gets the same IP. The other which is connected to the POE switch and the cams is set as static.

Bryan M

n3wb
Reaction score
That is strange, I have dual NICs, well I have 3 and they all appear in the drop down for me. I have my main NIC that is connected to my home network set as DHCP but have a reservation on my router so it always gets the same IP. The other which is connected to the POE switch and the cams is set as static.
Yup, that is the setup I have. I don't know if maybe it is the network card. I am going to get a different one.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How about trying a different IP. Make it 192.168.90.56 maybe? I wonder if 192.168.1.xx is causing any conflict.

When I first did the dual NIc I had 10.0.0.2 in the dropdown and then it changed to my second CAM NIC after restart.

Honestly, I do not know but maybe it is worth trying. Keep us updated on what works.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris listens on all interfaces by default.

See if something else has taken the port on that interface before Blue Iris got ahold of it. Task Manager > Performance > Open Resource Monitor > Network.

In the Listening Ports section, sort by Port.

Skype is a repeat offender that steals port 80, if you happen to be using that port number.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any howto regarding dual nic's ?
Yes, I made one here:

And if you need check out the newb guide:

Bryan M

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris listens on all interfaces by default.

See if something else has taken the port on that interface before Blue Iris got ahold of it. Task Manager > Performance > Open Resource Monitor > Network.

In the Listening Ports section, sort by Port.

Skype is a repeat offender that steals port 80, if you happen to be using that port number.

Nope, after reboot nothing grabbed it. Only one NIC shows in the dropdown also.

1571683894782.png

1571684014254.png

pov2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try disabling the BI web server, restart BI and see if you get all interfaces in the dropdown. I have a hunch that when BI starts the web server it ignores other interfaces. I am speculating.

Bryan M

n3wb
Reaction score
Try disabling the BI web server, restart BI and see if you get all interfaces in the dropdown. I have a hunch that when BI starts the web server it ignores other interfaces. I am speculating.
I disabled the webserver, rebooted and I still show only the one IP address available in the dropdown. I changed the camera subnet to 192.168.47.5 and rebooted and then that IP subnet shows in the dropdown and nothing else. I still think there is an underlying windows hardware or gremlin weirdness.