Weird Problem With Camera Images

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to match the cameras iframe interval to the fps.. also Ok increase the receive buffer in blue iris to 20mb..

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've made the suggested changes. Hopefully that helps. Is there a Blue Iris Initial Setup Guide some where?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I've made the suggested changes. Hopefully that helps. Is there a Blue Iris Initial Setup Guide some where?
in the help file, though this specific setting is not mention..its only an issue with direct to disc recordings..

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, got rid of the blurry slide thingy. Now I have one small problem left. Ever second or so, there is a jerk in the video. My settings are constant 4096 bit rate, 30fps, 30 frame interval, 1/30 exposure time, direct to disk. I see it in live and playback.

Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, got rid of the blurry slide thingy. Now I have one small problem left. Ever second or so, there is a jerk in the video. My settings are constant 4096 bit rate, 30fps, 30 frame interval, 1/30 exposure time, direct to disk. I see it in live and playback.

Any suggestions?
post a video..you might try lowering the fps...you dont need more than 15...30 is overkill.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
Tagging on a thread with a similar problem. I get pixels when I view a triggered event on BI. I don't get them when manually slide the time bar to view or when i view over my phone. I might be under powered with a I3-3220 but I don't know if that's the problem. I have two LTS 4mp turrets.Screenshot (1).pngScreen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.30.18 PM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tagging on a thread with a similar problem. I get pixels when I view a triggered event on BI. I don't get them when manually slide the time bar to view or when i view over my phone. I might be under powered with a I3-3220 but I don't know if that's the problem. I have two LTS 4mp turrets.View attachment 13530View attachment 13531
That is a setting in BI..you have selected to highlight motion events.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe my setting is not taking. Under Trigger>motion sensor>config > under highlight- i have "Do not hilight motion"- selected..

If it's locked on hi light motion then what is with the blue pixels? It just seem a little extreme-tough to see the vid

thanks fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe my setting is not taking. Under Trigger>motion sensor>config > under highlight- i have "Do not hilight motion"- selected..

If it's locked on hi light motion then what is with the blue pixels?

thanks fenderman
The highlight option is profile specific so make sure you are changing it in the correct profile. The blue color IS the highlight. The green box is rectangle.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
Screenshot (3).pngI checked both of my cameras which seem to be set correctly and they have the same problem.

On a side note, what issues could an I3 have with blue iris running upto 4 4mp cameras?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 13538I checked both of my cameras which seem to be set correctly and they have the same problem.

On a side note, what issues could an I3 have with blue iris running upto 4 4mp cameras?

Thanks
If you are looking at prerecorded video then changing the setting wont make a difference. Those markings are from blue iris and are not related to your i3.
You might not have any problems, it depends on the i3 (i3 is a meaningless term, there are so many variants) and your camera settings.
What is your cpu consumption? Also, use direct to disk recording to significantly reduce cpu consumption.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I changed the FPS down to 15 my cpu % is usually between 10 and 50%.

I've been running motion test after any adjustment.

I'll give the DOD a shot.

Thanks for your time.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
Test run video through motion detector was on. I turned it off and the problem seems to be fixed. I got a little too click happy with all the options.