What am I doing wrong? Black Playback but I can see it on settings?

Reaction score
I have been messing with my cameras to get the setup for the first time.

One of my cameras went black or the rainbow screen. If i go to settings I can see the playback. I have no idea what happened here? I deleted the camera and reset it back up, swapped POE ports, nothing.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been messing with my cameras to get the setup for the first time.

One of my cameras went black or the rainbow screen. If i go to settings I can see the playback. I have no idea what happened here? I deleted the camera and reset it back up, swapped POE ports, nothing.
if you are using h.265 disable hardware acceleration for that camera or revert back to 264

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to check that setting within the cam itself. Also you got reencode set there, set that to direct to disk.

Reaction score
I wish I knew what the real problem was. I did a hard reset on the camera, deleted it completely from BI and then restarted the computer and added the camera back. It fixed it. Thanks for your help folks

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are not shooting a Hollywood movie . Set the frame rate and Iframe to 15, this is the normal setting for a surveillance camera.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The real issue is that you can’t set cam settings from within BI so things like video format, frame rate, iframe, quality all need to be set within the cam itself. So open a browser, type in the IP address of the cam, login, set the cam up, save the settings and the log back out.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting, having the same issue after latest update with a few cameras. Didn't change anything other than do the latest update. I have a blank screen but everywhere else the video shows up. You can see my separate post.

BOYD

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same prob and I just zoomed out on the wheel on the mouse and it fixed it. Strange I know