What are your reasons not to buy Lorex E891AB

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Besides the obvious "out of my price range", "already have too many cameras", etc answers, why would you not buy Lorex E891AB?
For my case/scenario it is a perfect fit, but I am looking for a reason not to buy couple of them. Assuming they would fit your needs and case/scenario, why would you buy a different camera and not E891AB?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Besides the obvious "out of my price range", "already have too many cameras", etc answers, why would you not buy Lorex E891AB?
For my case/scenario it is a perfect fit, but I am looking for a reason not to buy couple of them. Assuming they would fit your needs and case/scenario, why would you buy a different camera and not E891AB?
Its priced well and has a good sensor and nice features but it does have features that are drawbacks in some applications
1) 2.8mm too wide for some.
2) No onvif (based on spec sheet) so no motion detection for NVR's or even those that use onvif to trigger BI.
3) No SD card (based on spec sheet).
4) some folks dont want bright led light and although it has an IR led its a small single.
5) lorex's past of not providing timely firmware update fixes. Yes someone will probable figure out how to flash dahua firmware but that is too technical or risky for many.

All that said, if you buy from Costco, knock yourself out, you can return them anytime. Your cost is the labor to install/remove.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Totally agree with Fenderman. If buying from Costco, at least in my Country, replacing a defective item from a combo (warranty matters), implies bringing all the items (cameras/cables/recorder) for exchange. That could be a costly scenario to be considered.