What camera to install in the garage?

iivisionii

n3wb
Reaction score
I got Reolink NVR4K 16 channel and POE switch in the garage. I am looking at install camera in the garage. Any suggestion which one i should get? I do have side entrance in to the garage which is protected by 2 cameras near by and also i got a door in to the house inside the garage.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got Reolink NVR4K 16 channel and POE switch in the garage. I am looking at install camera in the garage. Any suggestion which one i should get? I do have side entrance in to the garage which is protected by 2 cameras near by and also i got a door in to the house inside the garage.
HI @iivisionii

If you are using an NVR, best to stick with the appropriate OEM for the cameras.. unfortunately, that is Reolink in this case...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even with trusted brands like Dahua and Hikvision, not all of the features will work with cameras not of the same brand even with ONVIF compliance.

There are still differences and deviations despite ONVIF.

EVERY manufacturer will tell you to match NVR to camera brand to ensure functionality.

And it has been proven Reo's are not truly ONVIF...

So you will have nothing but headaches especially with that brand if you try to use a different brand camera on their NVR.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. Can you please why being any onvif compatible camera should work just fine?
HI @iivisionii

Please do take the time to search the forum and read the cliff notes.. a lot of us have taken a significant amount of time to document the knowledge and experiences shared here.

In particular, the following should be of interest for anyone with the thought of "Reolink":