What cameras are capable of 1080p at 60 fps?

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
It seems like these are kind of rare, would prefer to stay with a good brand with support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems like these are kind of rare, would prefer to stay with a good brand with support.
you dont need 60fps, 15fps is more than sufficient for your application.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to have 60 fps because during fishing tournaments they have rules where if you touch the line or rods or it touches the boat they disqualify you. This is not for the docking or low light footage. I've looked at other security camera footage and I don't believe it's fast enough.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Stuff is happening FAST in these situations with multiple fish and a lot is going on at the same time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to have 60 fps because during fishing tournaments they have rules where if you touch the line or rods or it touches the boat they disqualify you. This is not for the docking or low light footage. I've looked at other security camera footage and I don't believe it's fast enough.
You should simply use an action camera like go pro.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
That's not something I want to do, they're a hassle to use and hard to see if they're recording, battery life is not great. I have a few reasons for not wanting to use them.

crankcasy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So are you planing on fitting cameras to all the boats in the tournament?

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
No just mine. You have to record everything and I don't want to have to rely on somebody else controlling the cams. I want to "set it and forget it"

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks will get those two and see how it works out!

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Also got a Loryta IPC-T2347G-LU just to see how that works. I need to calculate drive size.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm out of the USA so I'm still waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully this week or so.

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
I got em, can I mount one of these turret cams "upside down"?

s3ng

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I got them semi mounted. You'd think with the boat being 32 ft covering the angles would be simpler. One thing I might look at doing is moving the bullet to the side and rotating it 90 degrees to get further out to the side of the boat. Not sure how that will work but I ended up mounting them with clamps so it's a two minute job to move them.