What can I expect out of an Ivy Bridge i7?

Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower with an i7-3770, 16 GB RAM and an 80 Plus Gold power supply. I'm looking to build a new system for my business(a laundromat, you might have guessed) to replace my old junky analog Lorex system.

The new system will start with 8 and eventually have around 14 cameras which will probably all be 2 MP Dahua Starlights therefore around 28-34 MP total at 15 fps each, recording continuously.

I realize a more recent i7 would have higher performance and lower power consumption, but I already have this thing hanging around doing nothing, and it still is recent enough to have Quick Sync. Later on I'll maybe replace it with a newer i7 based system. So I'm just wondering, is this going to be workable until that time? Ordinarily I'd just pony up for a new computer but I've already dumped many thousands into other security measures recently after a series of break-ins and every little bit counts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower with an i7-3770, 16 GB RAM and an 80 Plus Gold power supply. I'm looking to build a new system for my business(a laundromat, you might have guessed) to replace my old junky analog Lorex system.

The new system will start with 8 and eventually have around 14 cameras which will probably all be 2 MP Dahua Starlights therefore around 28-34 MP total at 15 fps each, recording continuously.

I realize a more recent i7 would have higher performance and lower power consumption, but I already have this thing hanging around doing nothing, and it still is recent enough to have Quick Sync. Later on I'll maybe replace it with a newer i7 based system. So I'm just wondering, is this going to be workable until that time? Ordinarily I'd just pony up for a new computer but I've already dumped many thousands into other security measures recently after a series of break-ins and every little bit counts.
Will handle it no problem....