What dash cam are you using?

poeuser1

n3wb
Reaction score
thinkware u1000, maybe i should have waited for the u3000 that just released haha

Nanodot

n3wb
Reaction score
I do not see any discussion on GoPro and dash cam on this forum yet. The reason I ask is that I noticed my Rove Stealth 4K PRO does not really have the resolution to read license plate as i expected. I thought a Hero 10 or 11 might do better.

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have to say I'm impressed I did not destroy my Viofo A119 as of yet. Hot SoCal sun "118 in the desert many occasions", eats anything I put on the dash, been a year, all 4 seasons and not skipped a best

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have to say I'm impressed I did not destroy my Viofo A119 as of yet. Hot SoCal sun "118 in the desert many occasions", eats anything I put on the dash, been a year, all 4 seasons and not skipped a best
LCD is going dim on mine. Result of 4 years approx of continuous daily use where the screen is on for about 10 hrs a day. No reliability issues at all with my A119. Screen is to be expected with that usage - I can't complain.

Think my next camera might be the A139 Pro. 1/1.8" sensor instead of the 119's 1/2.8". The price is coming down now as I think the dashcam market is dying in the UK. Problem over here is the savings from insurers don't seem to occur. Many seem to put your premiums up irrespective of fault so I think many motorists have just thought stuff dashcams. I'm seeing fewer in cars on the roads now.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's nice to see RING get into the dash cam scene for the fact that more people will be armed with one however, I think it's a terribly ugly design. It surely makes it obvious to others and maybe that's part of the point.

I just picked up a new Dual Dash Cam locally. BNIB, It was $50 and I offered $20 for shits and giggles and the guy said sure. lol It's another off brand but from the reviews it might be something decent.

Been wanting a Dual cam for awhile. For the price I'm sure i'll be happy with it.

I'll have to download some files and see how they look.

I would still like to see basically a poe setup for cars. LOL
A Main Box and however many cameras you want added to it. I'd buy the hell out of it. One each direction, One Inside, and one high mm forward to catch stuff farther down the road. Would really combat issues with the main FOV being so wide.
We can dream right....
I won't buy any RING products bcause of the subscription fees.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone have a discount code for Viofo UK that works?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Found a 5% off code and bought an A139 Pro in the sale. Looking forward to the improved picture.

AgentShawn

n3wb
Reaction score
I picked up the Nextbase - 320XR Dash Camera with Rear Window Camera from our local Best Buy.

It's not the best but for only $150, it isn't the worst, either.

It doesn't have as much of a wide angel as I hoped for and no smart phone features but I can record video/audio on the front and video on the back.

It's mainly an insurance tool for me. Drivers are getting worse day after day, lol.

But I do think I'll upgrade to something better before too long.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I picked up the Nextbase - 320XR Dash Camera with Rear Window Camera from our local Best Buy.

It's not the best but for only $150, it isn't the worst, either.

It doesn't have as much of a wide angel as I hoped for and no smart phone features but I can record video/audio on the front and video on the back.

It's mainly an insurance tool for me. Drivers are getting worse day after day, lol.

But I do think I'll upgrade to something better before too long.
Yeah....I got hit back in September (not my fault) so I'm looking for a dashcam now since dumb & dumber are out there driving on the roads every day. :lmao: :lmao: