What did i just witness?

Reaction score
I just installed my black friday cameras from Andy. It's been 3 days i am still trying to get the settings down. I have setup a separate blue iris pc
HP Elite desk tower
intel core i7-6700 3.40
32 gigs ram win 10 pro
added 2nd ethernet card for switch cameras are on
purchased new license of blue iris for this machine.
I still have to sort things out with the new system. Today as i sat at the computer to do more tweaking I saw a slow moving car, so i decided to take my new PTZ camera and see what was going to happen. You really have to watch the long 9 minute video and let me know if you could convict anyone from the video captures. The time and date is wrong on the PTZ, I set it but it did not keep for some reason. I gave the video to the police, will update if anything happens.
PTZ= SD49225xa
4-LPR Cameras= 5241E-z12E

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 49225 PTZ is VERY SENSITIVE to the web browser. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Chrome, not Edge, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10 - simply type in explorer in the search bar bottom left and use it.

This camera more than any things like, track time and other parameters will not stick unless you use Explorer.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Kill the date/time overlay on LPR SOUTH. It isn't in sync with the camera.

Definite ID on the Chevy driver. Definite ID on the Equinox driver. Definite ID on the rear seat passenger of the Chevy. Maybe ID on the female.

Reaction score
The 49225 PTZ is VERY SENSITIVE to the web browser. Make sure you are using Internet Explorer - not Chrome, not Edge, but plain ole Explorer baked into Win10 - simply type in explorer in the search bar bottom left and use it.

This camera more than any things like, track time and other parameters will not stick unless you use Explorer.
Will do. I was making adjustments in chrome.

Reaction score
Kill the date/time overlay on LPR SOUTH. It isn't in sync with the camera.

Definite ID on the Chevy driver. Definite ID on the Equinox driver. Definite ID on the rear seat passenger of the Chevy. Maybe ID on the female.
Yeah as i said i am working on it, I had killed the overlay but it must not have saved. I will try it in internet explorer instead of Chrome.

Reaction score

Ok so it is microsoft edge not chrome. i clicked on internet explorer it says it is going away and will be replaced with microsoft edge soon. SMH

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so it is microsoft edge not chrome. i clicked on internet explorer it says it is going away and will be replaced with microsoft edge soon. SMH
Yeah, hopefully Dahua issues a fix before that happens....and hopefully it doesn't remove the autotrack capability in the process.

I happen to have an old laptop that isn't connected to the internet and has explorer on it, so I will use that if needed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The overlay to kill is the one in BI if you're using a local NTP server.

Internet Explorer is available in Win10. Just type "explorer" (no quotes) onto the search box, point, click and go.

Reaction score
The overlay to kill is the one in BI if you're using a local NTP server.

Internet Explorer is available in Win10. Just type "explorer" (no quotes) onto the search box, point, click and go.
Just did it, its gone. Yep i used internet explorer, it just has a pop up stating it will be going away, but i just ignored it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just did it, its gone. Yep i used internet explorer, it just has a pop up stating it will be going away, but i just ignored it.
Yep and I know despite most of us having Windows updates blocked, one day Windows will snatch this out from under us.

I have already found and posted here previously of some task scheduler items that Windows snuck in to look for Edge updates every 12 hours. I shut those down real quick.

But I am sure they will screw us over anyway.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thats what it looks like. The guy looked beat up, shirt was torn, he was limping, had his wrist taped. Just sad, even if they catch this guy, 10 more will take his place.
Looks to be a full strap or a near full strap of 100's = $8,000 to $10,000 Also there is someone in the back seat too.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I haven't had time to watch it fully but it looks to me at 1st glance like it could be people smuggling or kidnapping, maybe because of debt? Could it have been pay X grand and get X back to your family?

I guess only when the police have reported back will we know if it was illegal or innocent.

Last edited:

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm, definitely weird. But if it was illegal activity, I wonder why they would have hung out for so long chit-chatting. And why the lady and the other guy shook hands with people in the car after they just got someone they hugged from the ones in the car. And in broad daylight.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm, definitely weird. But if it was illegal activity, I wonder why they would have hung out for so long chit-chatting. And why the lady and the other guy shook hands with people in the car after they just got someone they hugged from the ones in the car. And in broad daylight.
It appears the reason for long time was the 2 guys in the front seat counting the money.

Reaction score
It appears the reason for long time was the 2 guys in the front seat counting the money.
Yes. Notice that the driver kept his door open the whole time. That was in case he needed to bail quickly. Door already open. They can take their time as they know nobody is going to bother them.

If you watch the guy with the cash walk back to his car, he is holding the cash in his left hand. His gym pants seem to be 'heavy' on the left side. Probably has a pistol in that left pocket.

Why did they pick this particular spot to stop? They wanted video proof that the trade was made and everyone was happy.