What do you use for a Router? Need replacement advice

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Jamie, I have 100/35 and yes I use voip. I'm not concerned with losing the 2 Lan ports as I have 16 port gb switch and a 8 port POE gb switch. Right now I have turned off the WiFi on the router and only use the 2 AP-AC-LR's for WiFi. That is working very well. What I'm thinking of is setting up 2 segments so the cameras don't effect the other computers. I just downloaded "Steve Gibson’s tip" and will try to get my heard around that info. Thanks.

toysareforboys

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Jamie, I have 100/35 and yes I use voip. I'm not concerned with losing the 2 Lan ports as I have 16 port gb switch and a 8 port POE gb switch. Right now I have turned off the WiFi on the router and only use the 2 AP-AC-LR's for WiFi. That is working very well. What I'm thinking of is setting up 2 segments so the cameras don't effect the other computers. I just downloaded "Steve Gibson’s tip" and will try to get my heard around that info. Thanks.
Ahhh, 100/35 is no issue with the USG with DPI turned on and "Smart Queue" (QoS) turned on too. Give it a go!

-Jamie M.