What does error code 260015 in Hik-Connect mean?

Yote

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same error code

My environment is 4g Router connected with ezviz ct6 . I can play live view but no playback

Zai

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same error code

My environment is 4g Router connected with ezviz ct6 . I can play live view but no playback
Unplug everyt6for a couple of minutes and plug back see if that resets everything to get rid of error code

Reaction score
Hello, I had the same problem in a Bullet 2010f-iwns. After hours talking by phone with my distributor in Argentina, they finally send me an upgrade, that was the solution. I recommend you to do the same.

Reaction score
Hello, I had the issue again with issues with the Hikvision Connect and again after resetting the device to default(not completely, keeping ip parameters and user accounts) it is working again.

small downside is you have to enable https and platform access (under network - advanced) again and maybe some more settings that are not default

I must say i had some experimenting with firewalling and port changing so that might be a cause for the issues but this fixes the timeout error (error code 260015)

FrankQuatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I hope this helps people. I had this issue and I would reboot the doorbell and it would work for a while and then stop working. I could not get live view to work even though I get the notifications and can see the recordings. When the doorbell rang, I could talk to people but couldn't see the video. I have a Uniden U-Bell which is a rebranded Hikvision doorbell camera and I called their customer support and they walked me through the following process which seems to be a fix. I can't guarantee it will work but mine has been working since I did this with no problems (though it's only been a week or so) and it seems to connect faster as well. First, you have to connect to your camera through your web browser. I can't remember now how she walked me through finding out the IP address of my camera but I think there is a post above that explains that. Anyway, once you know the IP address, type it into your browser. It takes you to a login screen where the username is admin and the password you should have set up at the time you set up your doorbell. Then go to configuration -> video/audio -> video and change the following parameters: bitrate type = variable; video quality = lowest; max bitrate = 512. Then go to system -> maintenance -> reboot. That fixed it without having to reboot my doorbell. I asked if I'm losing video quality by changing the video quality and max bitrate settings and she said no but didn't sound very convincing. I didn't want to lose video quality so I've been playing around with the settings. I've been running with bitrate type = variable but left the other two as they were originally, i.e. video quality at highest and the max bitrate at 2048. So far that seems to work still but YMMV. If it goes out again, I'll try the other two variables but apparently these are the 3 variables that can affect this. For what it's worth, the CS rep told me this problem is because of congestion and slowness on the wifi network the doorbell is connected to thus why these settings help. I've been looking for answers forever and hopefully this is the right one and hope it helps someone else. Good luck! By the way, if someone has been in the settings before and played around with the setting "Power Booster" and knows what it does, please let me know if it does anything and if there are any downsides to using it. I saw it in the settings but didn't want to mess around with anything else while my bell was working.

Last edited:

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
OK all,

I have resolved the problem, for me at least.

I think a firmware update at some stage must have fiddled with a setting that I had never previously seen.

Using the Web interface of my nvr onsite, I went into the area where we chose the bit rate, quality, framerate etc. of the recordings - for main and event.

It is a fiddly page, and I have been spending more time than I like here gradually downgrading all the video qualities until I can view my alarm recordings. (about 2000kbps incidentally). But that is of course a ridiculous solution because then when Mr burglar turns up and you want to check out his nose on the recording, well you can't because the compression has removed it.

So leave your recording quality as high as you like! Mine are back up to 8000 now, with 16000 for events.

Below all these settings there is a little button 'more settings' click on that, and you will see maybe three options, the last of which is a nondescript option to chose main or sub stream. It doesn't tell you what you're choosing it for! Mine were all set at 'Main'. I changed one camera to 'sub', and instantly all the alarms from that camera are now perfectly playable using the substream. The main stream is still viewable at super high res in real-time, and is available for browsing on the recording at a later date. So I corrected them all to 'sub' and applied one at a time for each camera.

And everything works!

Hooray.

I hope it helps...

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, bollocks, then it only records the substream. Why the he'll is this software so shite?

Reaction score
Hello, for me this issue only happens through hikconnect, not on local connection. I have 2 cams with the same firmware and discovered that the video/audio settings were not the same. The camera that had the 260015 errorcode did not had the same settings as the camera without issues. Changing the camera with the error to the other one fixed the issue.

In this case maybe H265 has more benefits as it also reduces network traffic. In my case for the substream (that i mostlyuse for playback) was set to MJPEG, changing that to H264 fixed the issue for me.
If you have errrors, check first on which stream you get the error code.

Every firmware can change the bitrate settings that might cause these issues.

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That error code just means Hikconnect could not retrieve the recording from the NVR - it's quite common. It happens on occasion without any reason. When I start getting those I do a quick NVR reboot and it's cured. Nobody seems to know why that error pops up.