What does error code 260015 in Hik-Connect mean?

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all :)

Using the Hik-Connect app on my Android smartphone, I keep getting the error code 260015. Video playback failed.

I also cannot see the live view, I can see the times where the camera did capture something due to motion.

The cam itself works fine with my NAS.

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning Rotation,

Did you figure it out? I get the same error code when I try to use playback in hik-connect. Liveview works and playback works when it autostarts from midnight, but as soon as I enter a specific time it fails to load and throws your error. 260015.

Come back and update us if you get anywhere.
Sorry I can't help you,
Cheers,
Tom

Jarrod

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know I'm going to zombie this thread, but I think there needs to be some sort of response. I've been getting the 260015 error with my EZVIZ Mini-O, and there's very little online that can be found as to the cause or solution. I was able to prevent it from occurring again, though I'm not sure if it's a legitimate fix.

The error first appeared when I had to move around our 2.4ghz and 5ghz devices. My router automatically connects the device with the proper frequency and the most open channel, and so I was having an issue with connecting the second mini-O to the 2.4Ghz. My iPhone automatically connected to the 5, and I could not manually switch it to the lower frequency, so to get around this I turned off my 5Ghz radio for a minute, connected the mini-o to the 2.4 (which my phone had automatically connected to), and then turned the 5Ghz back on. Complex, but I got it to work.

The issues was that many of the connected devices ended up staying on the 2.4, which considerably crowded those channels. I noticed that the cameras would stop the feed every 15 minutes and give me a 260015 error. Refreshing the camera, or switching to the other camera, temporarily fixed this. When the issue did not resolve, I updated the firmware on the camera, which you can do through the app, and turned my device back on and off. It helped, but we still got the error. Then, I turned off my 2.4ghz radio for just a second, moving all compatible devices to the 5ghz. I believe this error appeared because the wifi bandwidth was being filled with other devices and the continuous stream from my cameras was being interrupted.

I hope this helps anyone looking for a solution; unclutter your wifi and updated the software/firmware through your app under the more section. Good luck!

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just got the latest firmware for the cameras and nvr downloaded from the seller in China and will be installing them tomorrow pm. But things are complicated by the fact that I am using a standard 4g sim in a modem to supply Internet, so that could potentially be the cause of problems if the operator is blocking ports. But it is basically too complicated for me to ever conceive of understanding! Tomorrow we'll see if the firmware does any good. It would be nice just to find out what the error code number corresponds to, as it must have a specific meaning somewhere..

giangixs

n3wb
Reaction score
From the 1st of July I'm starting to get the same error code on "live view" from EZviz and Hik-connect app from my android mobile phone (on 4g network).

I checked my home firewall, nat, ports and all seems to be ok. I've updated the firmware of my DS-2CD2042WD with No results.

Some kind of help is very appreciated.

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
So far we can't really offer help, only company! Welcome to the 260015 club...

giangixs

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that the company refused me any kind of support because i've bought the cam from amazon (recognized as unauthorized dealer). Is there alternatives of Ezviz or hikconnect to see live cam from "internet"?

Jarrod

n3wb
Reaction score
@giangixs How on earth is Amazon an unrecognized/unauthorized dealer? That's rediculous, unless it's a third-party dealer selling through Amazon I guess. Hm.

As far as alternatives, you can view any wifi (or otherwise internet enabled) camera via its specific IP. Here's a guide I found on for viewing EZVIZ cameras remotely through a browser, but for other alternatives (without doing anything complex like port forwarding), you can use this guide to view any camera from a web browser, as long as you know the password, username, etc for access. I'm pretty new to it all myself, but I'm trying to set up a smarthome nursery and that's what I'm using in conjunction with ActionTiles on a tablet I have.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@giangixs How on earth is Amazon an unrecognized/unauthorized dealer? That's rediculous, unless it's a third-party dealer selling through Amazon I guess. Hm.

As far as alternatives, you can view any wifi (or otherwise internet enabled) camera via its specific IP. Here's a guide I found on for viewing EZVIZ cameras remotely through a browser, but for other alternatives (without doing anything complex like port forwarding), you can use this guide to view any camera from a web browser, as long as you know the password, username, etc for access. I'm pretty new to it all myself, but I'm trying to set up a smarthome nursery and that's what I'm using in conjunction with ActionTiles on a tablet I have.
It is a third-party dealer selling through Amazon... And Amazon is not it Hikvision authorized reseller even if it decided to sell the product on its own... It's really simple and it's been discussed multiple times on this forum... Hikvision will not provide support unless you buy from an authorized seller... Dahua and many others have the same policy .... The article you linked to recommending port forwarding is titled incorrectly... It should be titled how to get your cameras hacked on the internet... It's terrible advice.

giangixs

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification; the only thing I asked to the support is the meaning of the error code 260015 because I didn't find any kind of documentation. I'm thinking that the problem is correlated to the provider policy that's blocking some ports.
I agree with fenderman about publishing camera directly through a web browser. In theese days I find this working alternatives, that's is not smooth like EZViz or Hi-Connect, because requires DDNS service to work :

1) CAMCloud service
2) QNAP Videosourvellance station
3) VPN (IPSec, L2P etc..)

What do you think?

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have a fixed ip address or a corking dyndns then on android ip CAMVIEWER Pro works perfectly for viewing. I have been using it for maybe 5 years on my mobile including auto updating widgets and it's great. However if the Web connection of the cameras is not accessible from an external connection (basic 4G sim) then you need a cloud service like hik-connect.

Let us not turn this into a thread to discuss all there is about hik cams, please, we need to find out what this code means.

I am going to ask my supplier and see what he can come up with (in China)!

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am also a member of 260015 group here. I have been running Hikvision cam with QNAP Surveillance Station software for recording, and running Hikconnect for remote live view. Just recently, I flashed the firmware of my router to a custom firmware, where initially all goes well but lately I got the same 260015 code.
What amuse me, the 260015 code only happens to 2 out of 4 of my ipcam, which both ipcams are connected through Surveillance Station, while the other 2 are not. I already check setting of my router, update firmware of my QNAP NAS, Surveillance Station, and all the software from QNAP, where all settings seems OK but failure still happens.
So, I am thinking that this has something to do with 3rd party apps accessing the ipcam.

Thanks.

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, you may be right. I never got any more info on the code. But I have stopped using ipcamviewer on smartphone to view the cameras and I have not received the error code again. However the problem that occurred when the error code showed is still present... Basically I can't use the playback function. Liveview works OK on the substream, but if I get an alert and click it to playback the clip it tries to stream me full res 3mp 12mbps video which inevitably fails. I don't understand why this happens it seems ridiculous because many Web connections could fail with that task and that is why the substream exists... But I can't see how to resolve the issue, code or no code!

Reaction score
Hello, I'm joining the club. I too have this error and only issues with live viewing, playback and configuration changes is working normal. For me it happened weeks ago with no specific reason. for me it could have to do with double NAT but since the other parts of the HikConnect service are working normally i don't know a specific reason yet. I will try to get support from Hikvision

Reaction score
hello all, i got answer from Hikvision that that errorcode is a timeout. I did a reset on my camera's (only settings but no ip and such) and that was enough, i got the Hik-Connect service back enabled.

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
Good work Erwin, well done and thanks for letting us know. I will try it next time I am on site. But I should mention that the one camera I have left recording at full res is the only one I get the error on now, all the others I set to record at a reduced raand that hence streams OK when in playback mode... But I will be sure to try a reset and cross my fingers!

tomhanman

n3wb
Reaction score
Although as I only get a problem in playback mode - which comes from the nvr and not the camera then I'm not very hopeful that a cam reset is going to do much... But I will try.

Zai

n3wb
Reaction score
Your live view goes into time out mode usually when the internet signal strength goes down . All you need to do is turn the recording box on and off to reset and your live view will come back on within 5 mins. No need for changing any settings.