What does R0 5.4.41_170312 fix - no release notes issues with 5.4.x

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please does anyone know what 5.4.41 release fixes for the Ro series and for me specifically the 2432F cubes?

The problems I am encountering is Push Notifications are broken in putting my 2432F cubes onto 5.4.0 or 5.4.5.

As well as that I see the network disconnect issues I've never seen before that many others are seeing when we use no NVR and the cams are standalone with local SD Cards.

Can Hikvision ever provide a software release without breaking other major functionality?
I don't know how this company stays in business with such consistently poor software releases breaking the capability we all use.

They should fire their Chinese QA Team and employ some Europeans or Americans to QA their own software.
Clearly they are not up to it. It's not that hard to have a couple thousand test cases to run regression on, automate some of it.

Anyway rant off - does anyone know what 5.4.41 release fixes for the Ro series and for me specifically the 2432F cubes?

thanks a lot.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As well as that I see the network disconnect issues I've never seen before that many others are seeing when we use no NVR and the cams are standalone with local SD Cards.
This was a newly-introduced (5.4.0 I think) daemon process aimed at increasing reliability by watching over the ethernet packet counters and resetting the interface, or even rebooting, if it saw no traffic over a defined period of time.
Over successive firmware versions the parameters were tuned, but did not eliminate the effect some saw when the interface was reset.

It's not that hard to have a couple thousand test cases to run regression on, automate some of it.
With maybe around 100k lines of C# code, and many changes in between versions many aimed at blocking users' ability to make 'improvements', perfection is a big ask.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look my view is its the business they are in , and no one tolerates poor broken non functioning software. Typically they go our of business as Hikvision will do if they don't sort out their software quality issues, process and approach. They should implement ISO9000 or similar.

Some construct to sort their business quality assurance out.

I mean how hard is it to test push notifications, and stand up cameras over 30 days to ensure no network disconnect issues.
Saw these issues on my cameras within 1 day of upgrading.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Alastair or anyone do you know if 5.4.41 can be downgraded? It appears to me that 5.4.41 is the most recent FW for R0 Cube.

Push Notification's are broken for R0 Cube on 5.4.5 I wouldn't mind seeing if they are fixed in 5.4.41 but don't want to be stuck on it, in case its worse than 5.4.5 broken
Network Disconnects, and Push Notification failures.

Alastair any chance you could test if 5.4.41 can be backed out?

I assume they have fixed the Network Disconnects in 5.4.41 - Else I won't be able to apply it without your killed off Network Daemon Timer version Alastair for 5.4.41 (currently posted on 5.4.5).

Can't believe Hikvision are so useless they don't cover the usecase when a camera is local and is not connected to a NVR as many many are and implement the inactivity network daemon timer totally ignoring this used use case re local SD and so forth where activity is not send to NVR.

IF no NVR then bypass Network Disconnect Daemon, or checkbox for it in the config with note don't use for local SD recording where there's no NVR.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Alastair or anyone do you know if 5.4.41 can be downgraded? It appears to me that 5.4.41 is the most recent FW for R0 Cube.
You should be able to move around any of the 5.4.x versions of firmware.
My understanding is that the Hikvision 'downgrade block' as introduced in version 5.4.0 operates on major versions, so if 5.4.41 has been installed, it will block installation of 5.3.0

What I have not tested, though, with R6 cameras, is if 5.5.x allows downgrade to 5.4.x
I'd guess it would not.