What happened to Live Cams Pro on iOS?

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this app running 24/7 for a year now on iPad. It's great. But I cannot get ahold of the developer/owner. The app is also gone from App Store.

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried a few times and get 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled.

Has anyone else found an alternative to Live Cams Pro? I love this app.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have tried a few times and get 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled.

Has anyone else found an alternative to Live Cams Pro? I love this app.
Too bad, I used it on a few clients' phones. and liked it and have recommended it in the past. Because I have a Blue Iris server at home both the wife (Android) and I (iOS) use the Blue Iris app on our phones.

I have used IP Cam Viewer Pro (by Robert Chou) with some success on an iPhone.

sindrevr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Any reccomandations for which app for iOS is best now when Livecams pro is gone? I use Foscam cameras.

BR,
Sindre

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Any recommendations for which app for iOS is best now when Livecams pro is gone? I use Foscam cameras.

BR,
Sindre
I have been trying them all for IOS, and they are all terrible compared to Livecams pro. Not sure what I'm going to do.

IP Cam Viewer Pro has been the best, but the frame rates are poor and the interface - horrid.

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, missing Live Cams Pro. Isn't there some way to install an app that isn't in the app store via itunes?

One app to try is iDMSS Plus, but it's not as good as Live Cams Pro. Neither are as good as Tinycam Pro on Android, but Live Cams Pro was the best on iOS. A shame they removed it.

If anyone finds a good iOS app for this, please post.

tne7laa

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, missing Live Cams Pro. Isn't there some way to install an app that isn't in the app store via itunes?
Luky me I’ve installed the app for years. Don‘t intend to remove it. Hope iOS Will support it for years to come.
I’m an iOS developer and would get the source code and develop on it for the future. Sadly none exsist and can’t find previous developer.

Livefeed

n3wb
Reaction score
Really missing Live Cams Pro - what are we all using now as a few months have gone by?

vyrguy69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the live cams pro ipa for the last released version as well as some other version. I’ve been using it since it came out in 2009. Never been off my phone. Best ipcam app ever. No other app in 10 years even came close. The latest iOS update killed it though and now it won’t work on my iPhone X but luckily I have an iPhone 7 that is still on 14.1 and it works on there. I have tried putting the app back on my iPhone X using Imazing/ Dr Fone but I can’t get it to work. Anyone who can think of a way to make it work let me know. Also I need to clear ‘other’ on my iPhone 7 without doing a restore. Anyone have any ideas how that can be done. Would be grateful for any feedback.

TanGo!

n3wb
Reaction score
iOS 14.5 broke "LiveCams Pro" on my iPad.
I still have iOS 14.4.2 on my iPhone and it works perfectly.
What alternatives are you using? I haven't found anything remotely comparable to LiveCams Pro on iOS. The other apps I have tested have very poor frame rates.

Iivoniabob

n3wb
Reaction score
14.6 broke it on my iPad 9.7 Pro but luckily still works on my wife’s iPad which also updated to 14.6. Why can’t Apple just issue security updates and not mess with the other stuff.

I can’t find another app as good as LiveCams was, nothing even close.

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
I keep trying different apps and I still cant find anything close to Live Cams Pro in terms of quality and UI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I keep trying different apps and I still cant find anything close to Live Cams Pro in terms of quality and UI.
I hear ya.
I use Blue Iris and BI's app myself but I had put it on a client's iPhone to look at her Amcrest NVR & 4 cams; she hated all of the Amcrest apps but loved LCP and I agree that it was superior, in performance and in its intuitive setup.

chrisk

n3wb
Reaction score
I hear ya.
I use Blue Iris and BI's app myself but I had put it on a client's iPhone to look at her Amcrest NVR & 4 cams; she hated all of the Amcrest apps but loved LCP and I agree that it was superior, in performance and in its intuitive setup.
I also use BI & their App. My issues is my non-blue iris NVR cameras at a remote location - wish I could view those through the BI App. :(