What IR illuminator would be best?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
knock the gain down as low as you can get.. you have it @ 100% and thats why it looks so noisy.. 1/25 should be good for getting pedestrian traffic.. but try to use the lowest gain setting you can get away with.. its hurting your quality in exchange for a brighter image.

andyblac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
knock the gain down as low as you can get.. you have it @ 100% and thats why it looks so noisy.. 1/25 should be good for getting pedestrian traffic.. but try to use the lowest gain setting you can get away with.. its hurting your quality in exchange for a brighter image.
ok, new to all this, i'll give it a go tonight, thanks.

Mags

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,

I just luckily found this forum. I had purchased Lorex LND4750ABW,
Audio HD IP 2K Dome Security Camera, 150ft night vision, wide angle lens

The video quality is not that good, especially at night, under the street LED light. 20-24 feet out, the image is grainy and I can't distinguish any facial characteristics. I'm struggling w/ Lorex support because I say, it's a flash update issue and they say purchase a more expensive bullet camera. They claim only bullet types can increase facial characteristics. i purchased this dome because it provides much wider angle of coverage. I've had issues when people trespassed the property and went outside of the visible angle of my former bullet camera.

What would you recommend? Get a bullet, buy a set of IR illuminators and you can suggest another camera ?

t_andersen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IR illuminators would help but getting facial characteristics at 20-24 feet with a wide-field camera seems difficult with any choice of camera.