What Is A Good Free MP4 Editor

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of Hikvision NVRs and the download segments are around a 1/2 hour long. They are in the MP4 format and I need to trim them way down. I have downloaded a couple of editors for trial but I am not satisfied with them. Looking for some input. Thanks in advance.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I down loaded the Microsoft free editor but it does not seem to be playing nice with my Hikvision videos. It will not up load them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using 'Any Video Converter Free' for a couple of years now, works great, no spyware, crapware or popups.
Read more and download ==>> here <<==.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
You need to put a little more effort into describing your problem.
The problem is that when I click on the icon "trim video", goes into my document files. I click on the video I want to upload, and then I hit the "open button. At this point it goes back to the movie creator page but nothing happens.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
quoting myself from the other day:

handbreak can also be useful.
+1, avidemux as well if you need a bit more control (but its not a full editing suite like vegas or premiere)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I did find one that did the job but the problem was it reformatted it into something else and quality suffered. If you wanted to keep the same format it was a "premium". I will look into the others that were posted. Again the problem for me on the Microsoft version was that it would not upload my file so that I could edit it.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did find one that did the job but the problem was it reformatted it into something else and quality suffered. If you wanted to keep the same format it was a "premium". I will look into the others that were posted. Again the problem for me on the Microsoft version was that it would not upload my file so that I could edit it.
Handbreak can convert to a different format.

The programs I linked to are worth a try. The free ones I linked can handle anything you can throw at ffmpeg and premier elements and vegas platinum are a good deal at current prices.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Shortcut video editor was the first on the list and I tried it. It seems to work and I saved the edited video as an MP4. I wanted to up load it on this thread but apparently this site does not like the MP4 format. What should I change it to?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shortcut video editor was the first on the list and I tried it. It seems to work and I saved the edited video as an MP4. I wanted to up load it on this thread but apparently this site does not like the MP4 format. What should I change it to?
You cannot upload videos to this forum; you must post on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK. I just uploaded to YouTube. Thank You. Here is the video. I was coming back from my morning walk and almost got ran down by a car. This happened as I was crossing the street to my house. Lady driving and me stepping up the pace with her hitting the brakes and turning the steering wheel avoided an injury to me. I have another camera angle and I might try to edit that one. It shows the whole scene a lot better.